We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

a short 2 night trip to botswana

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
a short 2 night trip to botswana

going to cape town early feb for a week then onto maun for 2 nights - is it do able - visiting a park in such a short time?

London, United...
Level Contributor
33,614 posts
79 reviews
1. Re: a short 2 night trip to botswana

Well, you might see more of planes and airports, than wildlife.

It's possibly not the best time of year and its a long way to go for 2 nights - effectively 1 day. And several hundred bucks (at least).

What are you hoping for that you can't get in South Africa?

You are not giving yourself enough time to appreciate and enjoy the vast wilderness. It's not really a "park" in the usual sense. Would you fly from Sydney to Kakadu for one day in a 4x4?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
2. Re: a short 2 night trip to botswana

i get your point. this is my first and short trip to africa, i'm going to cape town with my husband and he thought botswana would be a great location all be it a quick trip. can you suggest somewhere near cape town for a 2 night stay?

thanks

London, United...
Level Contributor
33,614 posts
79 reviews
3. Re: a short 2 night trip to botswana

Botswana is a great location - one of the premier safari places in Africa. Many visitors stay at 2 or 3 location in teh Delta alone, and there are other wonderful places like the Kalahari and Chobe. So, 2 nights would be a fleeting glimpse.

For South Africa, you are spoilt for choice. It has many National Parks, and you can self-drive in them. Popular ones include Pilansberg, Kruger, Addo Addo.

You would be better asking on the South Africa forum. As far as I know, there are no authentic safari options close to Cape Town, but there should be some in Eastern Cape or near Joburg. Both nearer than Botswana.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
4. Re: a short 2 night trip to botswana

thanks for your good advice. i know's a short trip will look at staying around cape town this trip. cheers

Allentown...
Level Contributor
203 posts
5. Re: a short 2 night trip to botswana

You may want to also look into Madikwe Game Reserve in South Africa bordering Botswana. It is a great option for a short safari and a slightly offbeat experience from norms of Kruger. Phinda, Shamwari & Kwandwe offer a private reserves experiences in South Africa within close air logistical proximity from Western Cape

Visram

AfricanMecca Safaris

6. Re: a short 2 night trip to botswana

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 February 2014, 22:15