We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maun to Kasane Transportation

Seattle
Level Contributor
158 posts
87 reviews
Maun to Kasane Transportation

Is there a shuttle bus or some other type of public transportation between Maun and Kasane?

Florida
Level Contributor
268 posts
1. Re: Maun to Kasane Transportation

I dont think so. Most people hire a safari vehicle with a guide in order to see wildlife in between the two towns. We had a rental car and drove ourselves from Kasane to Maun over very bumpy unpaved tracks and many km through thick sand.

I think there are some flights available between the two towns. Do you want to just make a connection or go on safari there?

I know that Audi Rest Camp outside Maun provides budget safari trips up to Kasane.

Gaborone, Botswana
Level Contributor
417 posts
57 reviews
2. Re: Maun to Kasane Transportation

There are public buses running from Maun to Francistown and Kasane to Francistown. All passing through Nata. I'm sure it should be possible to get to Kasane from Maun changing at Nata if there isn't a bus going direct. One of the regular posters based in Maun or Kasane should be able to advise you.

Seattle
Level Contributor
158 posts
87 reviews
3. Re: Maun to Kasane Transportation

Thank you both for information.

I will be just traveling thru to Livingstone, so I am not interested in a safari.

Edited: 28 November 2012, 05:32
Madrid
Level Contributor
3 posts
11 reviews
4. Re: Maun to Kasane Transportation

Buses from Kasane to Maun, about 70 pulas, at 5, 7, and 10 am.

in case you want more info check my blog:

depucelaalaindia . blogspot . com/

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
20 posts
5. Re: Maun to Kasane Transportation

Air Botswana have flight specials Wed & Sun

for around $60

My campsite in Maun a place called Back of the

Bridge backpackers organised a flight and trans

to airport

Aircraft brand nu and a packed lunch and two beers made it nice. My friends at B of Bridge told me bad road

6. Re: Maun to Kasane Transportation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 November 2014, 17:21