We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Canoe safari safety

Corona del Mar...
Level Contributor
94 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Canoe safari safety

We are considering a canoe safari and would like to know how safe they are - I would imagine that it all depends on your guide but i would appreciate the input from forum members on your experience. I am very intrigued and interested in this type of safari but will be travelling with my children (ages 17 and 14) and another family and want to make sure that i am aware of the safety issues. thank you for any input/guidance........Melissa

London, United...
Level Contributor
33,412 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Canoe safari safety

I always imagine that the guide can kiss his career goodbye if he loses a client due to his stupidity, so I trust they will be experienced and safety-conscious.

Especially when they are not driving a vehicle, and cannot control the client's craft..

I would check that they are happy taking children.

Naracoorte
Level Contributor
2,861 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Canoe safari safety

If you follow the guides instructions and act sensibly then you will be as safe as you can be..........does that mean nothing could happen? Obviously not. As peterscot says; the guides are very experienced and are there to do everything they can to give you an enjoyable and safe trip. You are, however, in an environment where there are variables including wild animals so there is always a chance of the unforeseen happening. Given the number of people who safely do these trips, that chance seems to be managed and minimised as much as it is possible and incidents are infrequent.

3. Re: Canoe safari safety

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 00:17