We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maun to Kasane

Rustenburg, South...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Maun to Kasane

Will I be able to drive with a 4x2 Toyota Fortuner (diff lock) if I am accompanied by a Toyota Bakkie 4x4 that is equiped with a winch and kinetic tow ropes. Will be travelling from Maun to Kasane on the 25/4/2011

Maun, Botswana
Level Contributor
104 posts
1 review
1. Re: Maun to Kasane

Botswana National Parks wont allow you to enter at the gates witha 4x2.

They have a rule that it has to be a 4x4.

Plano, Texas
Level Contributor
22 posts
20 reviews
2. Re: Maun to Kasane

Did you manage to do the trip? I am also planning to drive but don't want to be shut out because of the car.

mary

Pretoria, South...
Level Contributor
1,802 posts
18 reviews
3. Re: Maun to Kasane

Hi Mary,

I think the least of your worries would be to get shut out.

A far greater possibility would be to get stuck if you don't have 4X4. It simply is not worth attempting, and you might not get too much sympathy from other travellers because they would risk getting into the same predicament while trying to help.

4. Re: Maun to Kasane

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2013, 03:17