We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cost effective transport- Planet Baobab (Gweta) to Maun

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
53 posts
106 reviews
Cost effective transport- Planet Baobab (Gweta) to Maun

For one person traveling August 23rd to Maun airport. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Planet Baobab offers a transfer for $70, but I was hoping for a safe, less expensive option.

Dave

Johannesburg
Level Contributor
38 posts
1. Re: Cost effective transport- Planet Baobab (Gweta) to Maun

I believe that there are buses that run from Nata to Maun. How regularly I do not know. It may be more cost effective to arrange a transfer to Nata or, even better, to Gweta, and then catch the bus. Else you may be able to stop the bus at the turn off to Planet Baobab. The management at Planet Baobab (or Gweta Lodge) should be able to give you advice in that regard.

Montpellier, France
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Cost effective transport- Planet Baobab (Gweta) to Maun

Hi Dave,

Did you find any other solution? I am in interested in a cheap transport from Maun to Planet Baobab (return) in September.

Hope you are having a nice trip :)

Lisa

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
53 posts
106 reviews
3. Re: Cost effective transport- Planet Baobab (Gweta) to Maun

Give these guys a try-

www.steenboksafari.com

They charged substantially less than the PB transfer price of $280 since I was by myself.

4. Re: Cost effective transport- Planet Baobab (Gweta) to Maun

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 February 2010, 16:16