We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Okavango

Atlit, Israel
Level Contributor
65 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Okavango

Could you recomend me about good tour in normal price in the Okavango delta?

I am doing a trip in South Africa and Victoria Falls, and I ask myself if is it worth to include also Botswana, Namibia and Mozambique?

As an Israeli citizent do I need a visa to Botswana?

Mentioned in this post
Okavango Delta
Okavango Delta
804 Reviews
Maun, Botswana
Victoria Falls
Victoria Falls
Matabeleland North Province, Zimbabwe
Namibia
Namibia
Africa
2 replies to this topic
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
4,717 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Okavango

Prices of camps in the delta are very expensive. However, if you traveled during the Green (low) Season you could find some good deals. Try looking at Kwando's Five Rivers specials for Nov. 15-end March.

But if you're in VF it makes perfect sense to visit nearby Botswana. You can also look at Chobe.

Mentioned in this post
Chobe National Park
Chobe National Park
North-West District, Botswana
Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
2,326 posts
323 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Okavango

As an Israeli citizen you don't need a visa for Botswana, Mozambique is a great location for going to the beach, but isn't yet a good safari location. Namibia offers the best desert scenery in the world, as well as stunning and desolate coast, but it isn't in the same category as Botswana as a safari destination.

Botswana no longer allows big game hunting, but Namibia still does. Namibia also has a serious problem with poaching.

Mentioned in this post
Namibia
Namibia
Africa
Reply to: Okavango
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted