We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dog friendly cottage

Isle of Man
Level Contributor
200 posts
199 reviews
Save Topic
Dog friendly cottage

Hi, can anybody recommend a nice dog-friendly cottage in Alnmourh? Enclosed garden and sea view ideally, but not essential. I've been trawling through the cottage websites until I'm crosseyed - annoying thing is, I picked up a brochure for a lovely looking octtage when I was there last year (staying in Warkworth) but have managed to mislay it somewhere :( The cottage I was looking at was down a side alleyway from the main street, next to one of the pubs (sorry can't be any more specific than that) but if that rings a bell with anybody I'd be grateful to know! All other recommendations would be welcomed too please! Thanks.

14 replies to this topic
Tenterden, United...
Level Contributor
2,496 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dog friendly cottage

I googled dog friendly accommodation Alnmouth and came up with this site, don't know if it helps.

hello-northumbria.co.uk/dog-and-pet-friendly…

Mentioned in this post
Alnmouth
Alnmouth
Alnwick, UK
2. Re: Dog friendly cottage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2012, 04:49

Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dog friendly cottage

Sounds like Ember cottage behind the Hermitage arms in Warkworth (we stayed there in June)

Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dog friendly cottage

Sounds like Ember cottage behind the Hermitage arms in Warkworth (we stayed there in June)

Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dog friendly cottage

Whitehaven, United...
Level Contributor
425 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dog friendly cottage

Did you find a nice cottage in Alnmouth to match your requirements? This sounds exactly what we were looking for. We ended up staying in Warkworth which we found to be lovely and an excellent base for exploring the area but we weren't impressed with the cottage we stayed in.

Mentioned in this post
Alnmouth
Alnmouth
Alnwick, UK
Isle of Man
Level Contributor
200 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dog friendly cottage

Stupidmia, no the cottage I was thinking of was actually in Alnmouth itself and I still can't recall the name of it. Moonstone, unfortunately I've had to postpone the holiday due to family illness. We stayed in Warkworth last year though in a cottage called Lavender Cottage which was lovely (and dog friendly).

Mentioned in this post
Alnmouth
Alnmouth
Alnwick, UK
Timperley,Cheshire
Level Contributor
64 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dog friendly cottage

We've stayed in Alnmouth for the last 2 years

We stayed in Puffin Cottage last year and Percy Cottage this year (both on Northumberland Street just past the Schooner)

I think dogs were permitted in both cottages with certain restrictions in terms of where they could go etc but you can't get much closer to the beach and sea without actually camping on the beach!

On both occassions there was evidence of canine occupation prior to us in terms of dog hairs etc which I don't mind but my other half wasn't too happy about.

There's an enclosed yard at the back for the 2 cottages

They were both booked through http://www.northumbria-cottages.co.uk/ who are based in Alnmouth

We really enjoyed both stays

Mentioned in this post
Alnmouth
Alnmouth
Alnwick, UK
Northumberland Street
Northumberland Street
55 Reviews
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
9. Re: Dog friendly cottage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 20 May 2013, 04:35

Whitehaven, United...
Level Contributor
425 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dog friendly cottage

Any recent photographs of the interior of puffin cottage or recent reviews?? Based on the previous review cleaning didn't sound very thorough.

Reply to: Dog friendly cottage
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Alnmouth
;