We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bilton to Almouth

Stirling, United...
3 posts
Bilton to Almouth

Can you walk with your dog, safely, from Bilton to Almouth?

5 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
2,437 posts
39 reviews
1. Re: Bilton to Almouth

Coming down towards Alnmouth station. There’s no paths , but a 30 speed limit , same as most villages here ! Paths start before entrance to station , footpath through hipsburn. You need to cross road at roundabout to access for Alnmouth then paths all way to village.

Stirling, United...
3 posts
2. Re: Bilton to Almouth

Thanks very much for replying. The cottage I am looking at booking is Bee Cottage in Bilton & was just wondering if it would be do-able/realistic to walk to Almouth with my dog, do you think it would be ok to do?

Many thanks for your hell

Level Contributor
2,437 posts
39 reviews
3. Re: Bilton to Almouth

Not sure where that cottage is , but Bilton is quite small , it’s probably about one and a half miles to outside of village , it’s easy to get to beach and there’s other walks too , not much parking in Alnmouth , but you can park at the beach , summer a charge . Lots of resident parking , but there is free parking at far end of village , think it’s Riverside Road . It’s a nice area , also close to Warkworth which is worth a visit , and of course you’re also close to Alnwick , any more info needed just ask .

Level Contributor
2,437 posts
39 reviews
4. Re: Bilton to Almouth

Just looked at it , it’s a nice position , not too far without path ! No problem at all . My grandparents lived there , but a lot further up, a long walk for my little legs , going back many years !!

Stirling, United...
3 posts
5. Re: Bilton to Almouth

Thank you SO much for taking the time to give me this really helpful info! Reb area looks & sounds gorgeous.........& im looking forward to lots of nice doggie walks 🐶 Thanks so much sgdin💫

Reply to: Bilton to Almouth
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Alnmouth