We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zacatecas Tex Mex

Shefford, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
34 reviews
Zacatecas Tex Mex

I understand that this fantastic restaurant has closed ,does anyone know what happened to Ralph and Wilma the owners are they still in Nerja?

Langholm, United...
Destination Expert
for Nerja, Frigiliana
Level Contributor
1,757 posts
103 reviews
1. Re: Zacatecas Tex Mex

it has been shut for a long time dont know where they went. sorry building was still empty when i went past last. i enjoyed eating there much nicer mexican than the celito lindo. another poster was asking about the fish house also closed it was very nice too. hard times ahead for some i think

London, UK
Level Contributor
67 posts
17 reviews
2. Re: Zacatecas Tex Mex

We're staying in the Coronado building at the moment. We went to Zacatecas last year, but it's now something called For You. Seems to offer an all-day 'mixed mediterranean' menu del dia. We haven't tried it. It never looks busy...

Langholm, United...
Destination Expert
for Nerja, Frigiliana
Level Contributor
1,757 posts
103 reviews
3. Re: Zacatecas Tex Mex

at least someone is giving it a go shame to see buildings empty.

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
338 posts
5 reviews
4. Re: Zacatecas Tex Mex

Zacatecas was my fave Nerja restaurant, and was extremely disappointed to see it close.

But hey ho, thought I, there's another Mexican in town...

Tried Celito Lindo (May this year).... Far from busy (only 4 tables had folk sat at them), but after about 7 mins stood like lemons waiting to be attended to, we were brusquely pointed in the direction of a table for two. It was hard to tell mind, as the table wasn't set, and there were 4 chairs! Something was mumbled about taking an order for drinks "uno momento"!!

The resident magician then did his turn, and made all the waiting staff (I say "all"... there was 2 of them!!) disappear!!!

Anyhoo... a further 9 mins of being ignored elapsed, before we graciously admitted defeat, and took our leave.

This is the only bad experience we have had in any Nerja restaurant, after approx. a dozen weeks there, eating out almost on a daily basis.

It goes without saying... if anyone knows of any other Mexican restaurant in the town, I'd appreciate a nod in the right direction, as Celito Lindo obviously don't require our patronage!!

And if Ralph & Wilma ever return, I'll be at the head of the opening night queue!!

:-(

Mucker

Langholm, United...
Destination Expert
for Nerja, Frigiliana
Level Contributor
1,757 posts
103 reviews
5. Re: Zacatecas Tex Mex

totally agree mucker

maybe it did not close due to financial reasons always heard good things about it and not right in the main tourist area always seemed to have enough custom to survive. how celito lindo lasts i do not know not many have a good review of it

Shefford, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
34 reviews
6. Re: Zacatecas Tex Mex

Hi,Thanks for your responses,I also don't know how that Celito Lindo stays open,tried it once and that was enough.We are back in August so I will trawl the town to see if I can find them.

london
Level Contributor
441 posts
6 reviews
7. Re: Zacatecas Tex Mex

We tried Cielto Lindo years ago when it first opened too. They had a very reasonably priced menu and the food was ok but we were striped up on the drinks and a very average wine - obviously where they were trying to make the money at the time. Needless to say, I've never been back - there are so many other good options for eating. I guess the place is well located being near the Balcon and looks fun so maybe it survives on "one-off' passing holiday maker trade?

8. Re: Zacatecas Tex Mex

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 July 2014, 14:16
Get answers to your questions about Nerja