We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Smoking on balcony at Yaramar hotel

Livingston, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
12 reviews
Smoking on balcony at Yaramar hotel

Am I allowed to smoke on the balcony at the Yaramar hotel.

26 replies to this topic
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,343 posts
39 reviews
1. Re: Smoking on balcony at Yaramar hotel

According to a Management Response to a recent review, smoking is allowed outdoors. They asked that smothers be considerate of guests nearby.

rochdale
Level Contributor
7,356 posts
53 reviews
2. Re: Smoking on balcony at Yaramar hotel

I once asked at a different Hotel, same group.

Reply was,"I cannot see you on the balcony sir"

Most do provide an ashtray.

Edited: 18 November 2018, 01:11
Colchester, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
4 reviews
3. Re: Smoking on balcony at Yaramar hotel

Unfortunately as you are outside you could presumably smoke, but this does tend to affect the adjoining balconies which would not be great. Have to say not many people seem to smoke at the Yaramar.

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
1,373 posts
172 reviews
4. Re: Smoking on balcony at Yaramar hotel

If permitted , Smoke alarms in rooms so door would need to be closed, but think it's somewhat inconsiderate to others relaxing on their balconies, who choose non smoking.

Northumberland...
Level Contributor
1,573 posts
41 reviews
5. Re: Smoking on balcony at Yaramar hotel

I'm not a smoker, but as above, I'd expect there to be an ashtray on the balcony.

Many smoke eating outside whilst dining at restaurants and around non-smokers. I'm not sure what the difference would be.

It may upset non-smokers, but would you be expected to leave to hotel to light up?

Do as what you are comfortable with, until smoking is banned completely. ;-)

Nice hotel by the way.

Hertfordshire...
Level Contributor
1,638 posts
67 reviews
6. Re: Smoking on balcony at Yaramar hotel

If the law and the hotel allow smoking on the balcony then do it and enjoy. We sat at the pool in Vegas and were joined by a chap with a big fat smelly cigar - it's called live and let live and presumably you won't be chainsmoking so your neighbours won't end up like kippers.

Livingston, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
12 reviews
7. Re: Smoking on balcony at Yaramar hotel

Thank you

Livingston, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
12 reviews
8. Re: Smoking on balcony at Yaramar hotel

Thank you.

Northumberland...
Level Contributor
1,573 posts
41 reviews
9. Re: Smoking on balcony at Yaramar hotel

Good luck and best wishes.

The rules of the hotel prevail.

If they allow smoking on their balconies, then it's really up to non-smokers whether to stay in such a hotel.

Not the other way round.

Los Boliches is a nice area and some great local bars worth visiting.

Do try the back streets and alleys.

Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
12,220 posts
45 reviews
10. Re: Smoking on balcony at Yaramar hotel

xxxyyy2014 Not sure if its up to non smokers whether they chose to stay in the hotel.

When Spain signed up to the e.u. regulations on smoking they inserted a clause as follows:

"The decrees introduce the general principle that, in case of conflict, a

non-smokers' right to health must take precedence over smokers' rights"

Other countries such as the u.k. have similar clauses.

I certainly know during this warm summer we have had to complain about smokers on balconies, one hotel just ignored us, the arrival of the local authority, soon changed their mind. Noted on our next visit, notices in the lifts etc, no smoking in the rooms, balconies etc and even a fine under local authority regulations.

Certainly in the west yorkshire we have public open spaces in centre of towns and the pavement outside pubs, building etc non smoking, all under the right of citizens to have their health protected and some councils moving to no smoking within the boundries of the building.

For 40 years I worked and played in smoke filled areas, without a rule in place to protect me as a non smoker, since 2007 rules in place, we must use them.

Reply to: Smoking on balcony at Yaramar hotel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Fuengirola