We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need some good advice

London, United...
Level Contributor
48 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Need some good advice

Hello,

We have a family of 16 travelling to Fuengirola next week and I have lots of questions so any advice would be appreciated.

We are staying in a villa in the urbanizacion Cerros de Aguila

1. Approximately how much is a taxi from Malaga airport to this area?

2. We will be taking a taxi to the beach/town, which part of the beach is the best place to ask for? We have a mix range of adults to kids

3. Which is the best area for dinner/drinks to take a large group including young kids

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Mentioned in this post
Fuengirola
Fuengirola
Costa del Sol, Spain
Malaga Airport
Malaga Airport
Malaga, Spain
4 replies to this topic
rochdale
Level Contributor
7,222 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need some good advice

With a party of 16, I would have thought a pre booked transfer would be cheapest way.

Normal taxi x4 will be very expensive.

Same will apply to taxi to the beach.

Beach is pretty much the same all along, area near the Castle may be closest, but I'm guessing a bit.

Many people eat on fish alley at night, its fine for kids, but you may have a problem with 16 unless you book.

Fish Alley is behind Hotel El Puerto.

Whilst in that area you could visit Sould Park if the kids are between 2 and 8 ish.

Mentioned in this post
Sould Park
Sould Park
173 Reviews
Fuengirola, Spain
Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need some good advice

If I was travelling with you I’d get the train from Malaga airport to Fuengirola then get cabs from the station. It will work out lots cheaper. Train is €2.70 for adults one way. Cab from station to your accommodation will be around €10 for 4 people roughly.

I would agree with the previous reply about the beach & restaurants although you can probably walk to beach from where you are staying, maybe 20-30 minutes depending how fit you are and where exactly you are staying. If you want to take a cab go to Los Boliches, that’s the most popular beach & close to Marina, bars, shops etc. It’s going to be expensive getting all those cabs though! Take a trip to the big Carefour supermarket at Miramar, buy loads of food and drink and entertain yourselves where you’re staying? If you want a really nice meal, look up La Farola, book a table you won’t be disappointed. They are great with big groups, but will need some notice as they get very busy. Hope that helps? Enjoy

Edited: 16 May 2018, 06:43
Mentioned in this post
Malaga Airport
Malaga Airport
Malaga, Spain
Fuengirola
Fuengirola
Costa del Sol, Spain
Los Boliches
Los Boliches
1,982 Reviews
Fuengirola, Spain
La Farola
La Farola
488 Reviews
Fuengirola, Spain
Fuengirola, Spain
Level Contributor
254 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need some good advice

Hi, Where you are staying is a bit out of town, we know as we have over 10 of our friends that live on this urbanisation. There is Bus that was introduced this year but very infrequent as to a Taxi you come under the Mijas Taxis area, so the Tel No you will need is 952 478 288, when you are in Fuengirola then the No you will need is 952 471 000 unless you go to a Taxi Rank

As mentioned before your best bet for Food Shopping is the Carrefour Supermarket at the Miramar Centre and there is a Taxi Rank behind it

Someone mentioned walking down, ideal in the day time but it is not well lit at night, what have you got on your urbanization, a Small Grocery Store, a Bar, a Cafe, an Estate Agents, The Club House that serves food and drink the swimming pool and also a Knocking Shop!!! enjoy your stay

Mentioned in this post
Mijas
Mijas
Costa del Sol, Spain
Fuengirola
Fuengirola
Costa del Sol, Spain
London, United...
Level Contributor
48 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply