We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Drake Bay from Palmar Sur

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
14 posts
22 reviews
Getting to Drake Bay from Palmar Sur

I have read that half the fun of going to Drake Bay is the boat ride in, so with that in mind, if we fly or bus to Palmar Sur:

a) How much would a taxi to Sierpe cost

b) How much would the water taxi to Drake Bay from Sierpe cost

c) What time(s) does the water taxi leave from the Las Vegas Restaurant? I have read 11:30am & 3:30pm, but the LP & Moon guidebook/websites say 10:00am.

d) Do you purchase tickets somewhere or just pay the boat operator?

Thank you :)

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
3,528 posts
1. Re: Getting to Drake Bay from Palmar Sur

A taxi from Palmar to Sierpe shpuld not be more than $20-$30. For the boat to Drake bay I would suggest you arrange it with the hotel you are staying at in Drake Bay. You do not want to get all the way to Sierpe and miss or do not get space on the boat.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
52,307 posts
119 reviews
2. Re: Getting to Drake Bay from Palmar Sur

Dear Hughsie23...

Glad that you are coming...Drakes is a lovely area...I own a farm around there...some day I will built my dream small house...as my ancestors the Cot inidans...not from that area but great CHOZA!

Any way...when are you planning to go to DRAKES.?..since boat services change some times around rainy season and DRY season... !

roadadvisor

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
14 posts
22 reviews
3. Re: Getting to Drake Bay from Palmar Sur

We are arriving mid-April, after the Easter holiday week. After I posted this I contacted the resort I've booked, Finca Maresia and have been told that there is a 3:30pm boat from Sierpe to Drake that is $20 usd/person. FM said they could make reservations for us, which would be awesome. We're thinking of taking the bus to Palmar instead of flying in just to save money & I didn't really want to take the 5:00AM bus out of San Jose as we get in pretty late the night before.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
3,528 posts
4. Re: Getting to Drake Bay from Palmar Sur

Glad you hear you hotel was able to arrange that for you. Going by bus a cheaper option as you mentioned. Come back and tell us how it went after you finish your trip. Have a great trip!

5. Re: Getting to Drake Bay from Palmar Sur

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 15:15
Get answers to your questions about Drake Bay