We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Water Taxi from Osa Peninsula to Golfito or Punta Banco?

Arcata, California
1 post
Save Topic
Water Taxi from Osa Peninsula to Golfito or Punta Banco?

Is there a water taxi from the Osa Peninsula to either Golfito or Punta Banco? If so, what can one expect to pay and how do you go about getting one?

Mentioned in this post
Osa Peninsula
Osa Peninsula
Province of Puntarenas, Costa Rica
San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
49,817 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Water Taxi from Osa Peninsula to Golfito or Punta Banco?

It is a water taxi from Puerto Jimenez to Golfito.

roadadvisor

Mentioned in this post
Puerto Jimenez
Puerto Jimenez
Osa Peninsula, Costa Rica
Puerto Jimenez...
Level Contributor
354 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Water Taxi from Osa Peninsula to Golfito or Punta Banco?

There is a collectivo (shared) boat leaving Puerto Jimenez every hour for Golfito from about 6am - 6pm. You can also charter a boat to Punta Banco, but I would be careful, the last time I did this, the captain (named Gato) took us only to Pavones, but told us it was Punta Banco, and made us get off the boat in chest high water WITH our backpacks. We lost several items, including electronics that were packed in the backpacks. One person got caught in the currents and thankfully made it out of the water before hitting the rocks.

Instead, I would boat to Golfito on the public boat, then taxi to Punta Banco. There is no direct bus from Golfito.

Stay safe out there.

Pura Vida - Ballardo

Mentioned in this post
Puerto Jimenez
Puerto Jimenez
Osa Peninsula, Costa Rica
3. Re: Water Taxi from Osa Peninsula to Golfito or Punta Banco?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2012, 13:17