We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

David Panama to Dominical

4 posts
David Panama to Dominical

My wife and I need to do a border crossing to renew our visa. I'm told that the bus from David to San Jose will allow us to get out at Dominical but we only have one night before we have to go back. How long is that trip? We'd love to make a trip to Dominical anyway but if it takes more than 3 hours it might not make sense. Thanks for any insights!

Brooklyn, New York
Destination Expert
for Sarapiqui
Level Contributor
7,411 posts
149 reviews
1. Re: David Panama to Dominical

That's a long haul. There are lovely places much closer to the border.

4 posts
2. Re: David Panama to Dominical

Please tell me some

Brooklyn, New York
Destination Expert
for Sarapiqui
Level Contributor
7,411 posts
149 reviews
3. Re: David Panama to Dominical

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g1799444-d20906…

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g1799444-d…

Playa Hermosa...
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio, Jaco
Level Contributor
1,546 posts
80 reviews
4. Re: David Panama to Dominical

By private vehicle from Paso Canoas to Dominical is 2.5 hours. I don't have any info on the bus, if it's a collectivo of course it will make stops. If it's a directo to San Jose that simply stops in Dominical then it's definitely less than 3 hours.

4 posts
5. Re: David Panama to Dominical

thank you!

4 posts
6. Re: David Panama to Dominical

thanks we made the trip to San Jose last November(direct) and I remember seeing Dominical and I think we even stopped for lunch there. Im thinking 3 hours is worth it and we kill two birds with one bus ticket

Uvita, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
2,649 posts
44 reviews
7. Re: David Panama to Dominical

Tracopa bus goes from San Jose to the border, they stop in Uvita at the bus station.

8. Re: David Panama to Dominical

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 January 2017, 17:17