We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rental car companies provide phones??

lou
charlton, ma
Level Contributor
189 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
rental car companies provide phones??

Do any of the rental car companies rent cell phones for use during your stay? Trying to figure out the whole SIM card thing...

Nowhere
Destination Expert
for Playa Samara
Level Contributor
4,110 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: rental car companies provide phones??

You are much better off bringing an unlocked phone (if you have one) and purchasing a SIM card locally.

I remember seeing some rental companies that offer cell phones, but I thought their prices were just nuts and thus, erased the information from my memory...

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
Level Contributor
8,087 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: rental car companies provide phones??

I know Adobe used to have phones, back when I would rent from them they always asked me if I needed a cel phone. Not sure what they charge or if its free, I never needed one, but you might try them. Over the years I used Adobe the most and they were always honest, no funny business.

Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
16,142 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: rental car companies provide phones??

They will all be happy to provide (and charge) you a cell phone.

lou
charlton, ma
Level Contributor
189 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: rental car companies provide phones??

thanks, all - we will be checking if our phones have unlocked SIM cards.

5. Re: rental car companies provide phones??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 December 2016, 17:18