We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Corkage fee?

Huntington Beach...
Level Contributor
21 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Corkage fee?

Do the restaurants in the Dominical area allow you to bring your own wine for a corkage fee?

Colorado
Level Contributor
1,288 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Corkage fee?

I'm not sure they'd know what a corkage fee is but if you're buying full meals and not just sharing one appetizer for four people they probably won't mind opening a bottle for you. On the other hand many of the restaurants in and around Dominical are more bar than restaurant so in those cases they'll probably prefer that you just buy your drinks there.

I'm not sure what the official liquor laws are. I know we've brought our own wine and beer to dry restaurants and they always said it was fine but I suspect legally you're probably not supposed to do it. As a one time thing with a special bottle for a b-day or anniversary you're probably fine...bringing your own case of duty free to try to save money might be frowned upon.

Never had corkage applied, we always just leave an extra nice tip.

Edited: 19 December 2015, 01:06
2. Re: Corkage fee?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 December 2016, 16:18