We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What co. delivers fed ex packages from San Jose to Dominical

Greenville NC
Level Contributor
13 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
What co. delivers fed ex packages from San Jose to Dominical

Package stuck in San Jose since Friday. Was supposed to be delivered to Dominical on Monday. My family was robbed last Monday and I'm trying to get debit cards to them...no money ...no food etc...

Fed Ex says they have a contract company that delivers to Dominical but they do not have the name...just a phone number. I am not having any luck. Very frustrated...tracking continually shows it is in San Jose. Any suggestions?

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,653 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What co. delivers fed ex packages from San Jose to Dominical

Frankly, the easiest thing to do is to have your family pick up the package in San Jose. If they have a car, they can drive up. Otherwise, they can take a public bus if money is an issue. With something so important, it's what I would do and stop fooling around.

For FedEx to tell you that they don't know the name of the company they use is ludicrous. Of course, you could be talking to the person in the office who just started working there yesterday!

Edited: 21 May 2014, 03:25
Level Contributor
29 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What co. delivers fed ex packages from San Jose to Dominical

Difficult situation, where were they when they were robbed and the circumstances? Traveling south soon and want to be on guard! Hope you are able to get assistance!

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
7,882 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What co. delivers fed ex packages from San Jose to Dominical

There may be import duty due on whatever you're sending them. Someone will need to call and/or visit the location in San Jose to sort this out. If your family doesn't speak Spanish, then maybe someone at their lodging can help by calling and translating for them.

4. Re: What co. delivers fed ex packages from San Jose to Dominical

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 May 2015, 16:16