We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family Trip

Naperville, Illinois
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Family Trip

My family and I are coming to Dominical in the Summer. My wife and 2 young girls 5 and 7. We're looking for a bunch of R&R and slow paced beach living. I wanted to do some Deep Sea fishing and see some sights but not be in the Jeep all day driving either. Anyone have any suggestions for making the most of our trip? I'm not opposed to detours for the ultimate vacation.'

Level Contributor
15 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family Trip

A good beach for your girls is Playa Hermosa just north of Uvita. The beach at Dominical is a surfing beach and not really suitable for little ones. You might try kayaking. Checkout Pineapple Kayak Tours in Dominical. We did the mangrove tour with Rachel and the Ventanas beach caves with her husband. If they have two person kayaks the mangrove tour would work well for your family. The Ventanas tour is a lot of "open" water kayaking and not really suitable.

Level Contributor
11,104 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family Trip

Visit Tilapias El Pavon Restaurant in Uvita. They have tilapia ponds where you can catch your own if you like or just order from their terrific menu. Then walk across the road to the waterfall and little pool area. Great way to spend an afternoon at a very reasonable price. Not sure if you have already booked your lodgings but Villas Alturas if a great place. All villas have a kitchen, they keep the pool very clean and have floats and water toys for the kids. The location is very good and the view is terrific. Tom puts out giant bunches of bananas and you can watch the capuchin monkeys at least twice a day from a safe distance. We saw numerous toucans, a couple of macaws and blue morpho butterflies from the porch in our rockers!

3. Re: Family Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 February 2015, 16:26