We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dominical and Dominicalito - beach chairs available?

New York, New York...
Level Contributor
16 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Dominical and Dominicalito - beach chairs available?

I'm going to be in Dominical for a week for the first time in a month. Last time I was in CR i stayed in Manuel Antonio, where there were plenty of places to rent a lounge chair and umbrella when you get to the beach.

But Dominical seems a bit quieter. Does anyone know if Dominical or Dominicalito beaches have beach chair and/or umbrella rentals, or am I better off buying one up at a beach shop upon my arrival?

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Dominical
Dominical
Province of Puntarenas, Costa Rica
Manuel Antonio
Manuel Antonio
Dominicalito Beach
Dominicalito Beach
150 Reviews
Dominical, Costa Rica
San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
49,981 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dominical and Dominicalito - beach chairs available?

Dear Laura...

That is a great question...and maybe on the best person to answer it...Thomas he lives around theret...

roadadvisor

Dillon, Colorado...
Level Contributor
23 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dominical and Dominicalito - beach chairs available?

There aren't any beach chairs or umbrellas for rent. However, the tree line does come up close to the shoreline, so you can find shade there. You would only need a chair. I just reclined against beachwood when I was there. They have a few touristy merchants there selling trinkets and such, but that is about it. Very VERY low key, handful of bars, few restaurants, lodging and a general store or two.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
3,528 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Dominical and Dominicalito - beach chairs available?

You are right it is quieter. In Dominical or Dominicalito beaches I have not seen beach chair and/or umbrella rentals.

Mentioned in this post
Dominical
Dominical
Dominicalito Beach
Dominicalito Beach
150 Reviews
Dominical, Costa Rica
San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
49,981 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dominical and Dominicalito - beach chairs available?

Dear Anthem

Thank you for your nice decent answer.. !

I love to learn somenthing every day...and I earn from you about the beach chairs in Dominical and Dominicalito!.

Since I was a kid we used to do exactly what you mentioned around Dominical...it was so hard to get there from San Jose....and even some times bring our own hamacks...well that was more that 50 years ago...and we were not looking for a beach chairs...

Thank you once again for for great advice...

roadadvisor

Mentioned in this post
Dominical
Dominical
Dominicalito Beach
Dominicalito Beach
150 Reviews
Dominical, Costa Rica
San Jose
San Jose
San Jose Metro, Costa Rica
Uvita, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
2,649 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dominical and Dominicalito - beach chairs available?

None in the area, you are better off buying one on the way. If you are comming from the airport stop by Jaco to buy them not great choice in the area. The beaches are a lot less touristy than MA so not enough crowds to justify renting or selling.

Also check out Marino Ballena Park Marine park beach in Uvita as well as Ventanas beach.

Enjoy your stay!

Mentioned in this post
Jaco
Jaco
Jaco District, Costa Rica
Uvita
Uvita
New York, New York...
Level Contributor
16 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dominical and Dominicalito - beach chairs available?

Thanks, everyone for the info.

Dominical...
Level Contributor
9 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dominical and Dominicalito - beach chairs available?

It might be too late but we do rent beach chairs and umbrellas at Pineapple Surf Shop in Dominical. Go to Pineapple Kayak Tours office. They are $1/hour. The beach chairs are fully equipped with a cooler bag on the back too! We are located next to the Police Station in Dominical.

Mentioned in this post
Dominical
Dominical
Uvita, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
2,649 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dominical and Dominicalito - beach chairs available?

Good to know Pineapple Surf Shop rents beach chairs!

9. Re: Dominical and Dominicalito - beach chairs available?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 January 2013, 21:21