We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dominical and Dominicalito Different places or the same??

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
30 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Dominical and Dominicalito Different places or the same??

And where does one swim from the Canto del Mar residences if you don't have a car? Is a car necessary? And are the birds and butterflies plentiful in January. As well are there any special holidays or festivals in this area in January. Thanks

Dominical, Costa...
Level Contributor
508 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dominical and Dominicalito Different places or the same??

Playa Dominicalito is the beach south of Playa Dominical. you could walk to Playa Dominicalito from the Canto del Mar residences, but they are up a pretty steep hill. if you are very fit and aren't carrying a lot of beach gear, you could walk. you can survive without a car, but I feel the area is must better when you can explore with a car. There are many other beaches to see, each with a different flavor. if you are happy just seeing a small part of the area and mainly want to hang out in one place, you would be ok, but you would miss so much.

There are birds and butterflies year round. I can't think of any special holidays or festivals in January, but it is the high season and there are always things to do. Maybe some of the other locals will know.

Mentioned in this post
Playa Manuel Antonio
Playa Manuel Antonio
10,871 Reviews
Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica
Dominicalito Beach
Dominicalito Beach
150 Reviews
Dominical, Costa Rica
Dominical
Dominical
Province of Puntarenas, Costa Rica
Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
30 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dominical and Dominicalito Different places or the same??

so where would we be able to walk to somewhere to swim do you think??

(and thanks for your reply).... is there a fresh water waterfall close by to swim in?

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
30 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dominical and Dominicalito Different places or the same??

so would we be able to walk to somewhere to swim do you think??

(and thanks for your reply).... is there a fresh water waterfall close by to swim in?

Dominical, Costa...
Level Contributor
508 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dominical and Dominicalito Different places or the same??

As I said, yes, you could walk to Domincalito Beach from Canto del Mar. The walk home, up a steep hill, could be tiring. You would be much happier with a car so that you could easily drive to Domincalito and all of the other beaches in the area.

There are many waterfalls in the area. Some are organized tourist destinations and others are more hidden, local gems. I believe Pozas Azul is the one closest to Canto del Mar. I'm sure your landlord could give you directions. Maybe there is a path from the residences. The route I know would require a long walk along a busy highway.

Canto del Mar is positioned to have wonderful views, but its location is not a convenient one for someone with no transportation. If you don't have a car, and want to be in Dominicalito, you would probably be better off at Costa Paraiso or Coconut Grove. These have much better direct beach access. These are on the ocean side of the highway. Canto del Mar is across the highway and up a fairly steep hill.

Mentioned in this post
Dominicalito Beach
Dominicalito Beach
150 Reviews
Dominical, Costa Rica
Costa Paraiso
Costa Paraiso
346 Reviews
Dominical, Costa Rica
Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
30 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dominical and Dominicalito Different places or the same??

Very helpful -thank you very much.

6. Re: Dominical and Dominicalito Different places or the same??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2012, 09:18