We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Route 66

Which Sedona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
staten island
Level Contributor
153 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Route 66

My family and I will be staying at Enchantment for a few days and then traveling to El Tovar. I ould like to see some of Route 66. I was reading about Delgadillo's Snow Cap in I believe its Seligman. Do you think that this would be possible. Is it on the way to the Grand Canyon and is worth the trouble. I thought that my kids would probably get a kick out of it. If there are any other things on the way to GC on Route 66 that might be fun I would love to hear about it. Also how far would it be after leaving Sedona? Thanks, I really appreciate all the info from the experts.

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Route 66

http://www.historic66.com/

Start looking here. Unfortunately Seligman is about 2 hrs away from GC S rim. So it depends on how "out of the way' you think it is. I'd skip it. If you want to see some RT 66 stuff just stop here in Williams we have plenty of cute shops . Durring the summer every day about 6 or 7 (can't rmeember) they do a cowboy show downtown thats free to the public.

This way its on the way and you don't have to drive an extra 2 hrs one way.

http://www.williamschamber.com/

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
333 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Route 66

Hi,

Thank you for traveling, we appreciate your visiting our beautiful state, and you will find Enchantment in Sedona spectacular.

Arizona has the longest continous section of Route 66 still driveable from just west of Ashfork, AZ to Kingman, AZ. There's a section through Flagstaff and a section through Williams. Both of these towns are not out of your way driving from Sedona to the Grand Canyon.

However, Seligman is quite a way out of your way. You are right the Snow Cap and the Route 66 Roadkill Cafe as well as a couple of other Route 66 business in Seligman are fun and a great way to relive the Mother Road.

So if you don't mind an extra two hours out of your way to see them, go for it!

Enjoy your trip.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
19 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Route 66

We drove Rt. 66 and loved it! Great! Can't say enough about it! Stayed for several days in a nice little super town of Williams and loved it! The people were fantastic! It really took us back in time and we would go there again! The drive was awesome!

4. Re: Route 66

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2009, 18:18