We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scottsdale-Sedona-GC

nc
Level Contributor
25 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Scottsdale-Sedona-GC

Hi all. I will be in Scottsdale in November on business and want to spend a little time in Sedona and Grand Canyon. My business ends Wednesday around noon. I would return home on Sunday but if I have to, I'll come back on Monday. Here's my question: do I leave Scottsdale at noon, drive to the Grand Canyon, spend two nights midweek (would I have a better chance of getting reservations that way?), then two nights in Sedona, then the night before my trip head to Phoenix? I'm reading it's a bad idea to drive from Sedona to Phoenix to make my flight. We're not huge hikers but want to enjoy the Grand Canyon as much as we can. And, get to spend time in Sedona as well. I guess my real question is the best way to break up the trip so we're not driving too much each day. Thanks for any advice you can provide.

Mentioned in this post
Scottsdale
Scottsdale
Central Arizona, AZ
Sedona
Sedona
Arizona
Phoenix
Phoenix
Central Arizona, AZ
3 replies to this topic
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,231 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Scottsdale-Sedona-GC

I think your approach is pretty solid.

Only other thought to keep in mind is that the weather at GC and to lesser extent Sedona will be much cooler than Scottsdale.

Mentioned in this post
Sedona
Sedona
Arizona
Scottsdale
Scottsdale
Central Arizona, AZ
North Carolina
Level Contributor
1,217 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Scottsdale-Sedona-GC

When is your flight?; Is it the direct Southwest 11 Am flight to RDU? IF so, or similar timed flight departure with connections, you can drive from Sedona to PHX for your flight (~ 2 hrs). Stay in the Village of Oak Creek @ Wildflower Inn. You can eat your breakfast enjoy the Sunrise light up the Bell Rock from your room and be quickly at the airport for your flight.

Mentioned in this post
Sedona
Sedona
Arizona
Wildflower Inn at BellRock
Wildflower Inn at...
585 Reviews
Sedona, AZ
Bell Rock
Bell Rock
3,969 Reviews
Sedona, AZ
Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
63,795 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Scottsdale-Sedona-GC

Book 1-2 nights at Grand Canyon National Park and the remainder at Sedona.

Mentioned in this post
Reply to: Scottsdale-Sedona-GC
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted