We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Too cold for non skiers?

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
140 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Too cold for non skiers?

Hi.

My wife and I are currently nearing the end of a round the world trip, and Argentina is our last port of call before flying back to Dublin.

We will shortly visit Iguazu Falls and then have a couple of weeks to explore other parts of the country. We have already seen Buenos aires and were considering seeing the lake district, specifically Bariloche.

However, we are not skiers, so do not possess the thick padded jumpsuits so popular with skiers.

Will the weather be so cold in early September that we will need heavily insulated warm clothing or would we possibly get by with our normal fleeces etc. I should mention that we will probably spend most of our time in the town and lower levels.

San Carlos de...
Level Contributor
1,018 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Too cold for non skiers?

You'll be fine in early September. The temps should be around 10 C. suerte!

Argentina
Level Contributor
3,551 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Too cold for non skiers?

To hard to predict the weather in these days... evnethough, one of the attractions in Bariloche for argentinians and brazilians is the snow, for those who prefer the sun shine, colourful mountains, amazing sceneries, great food, warm people, delicious wines, rich goat cheese and a town with personality we have Salta and Jujuy to show the wonders of the Creation!

The NW of Argentina is really breathtaking, and you will really feel it is a different world.

Clothing for the NW? Just be dressed like an onion, and take the layers off as soon you get closer to midday and start putting them on at the end of the day... Noon is warm and in the sun you could get red, so sun lotions is necessary specially if you will take the chance to go to the Salt Flats, sun glasses. Conertible pants are really useful for this area, and you really love the place.

Salta is a tuypical spanish colonial town with a lot of fun.

Do not forget the camera, even when , at the end, you will feel the pictures does not make any justice.

Sept 15th we have a religious celebratiosn to the LOrd and Virgin of Miravle who saved Salta from an earthquake in 1692. At the moment the Lapachos ( a kind of tree) is all full of wonderful pink flowers. There is a breathing of faith all around the Cathedral...

You can not miss it!

Giena

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
3,998 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Too cold for non skiers?

hard to say, the weather is so changing these days, and more in Patagonia. As it is sept. you should be ok though. Don't let the cold stop you from seeing an amazing place! have fun.

KK
Houston, TX
Level Contributor
4 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Too cold for non skiers?

My husband and I live in Houston, TX and we just got back from Bariloche. It is not that cold there (although it rained alot when we were there). In the evenings my midweight to lightweight leather jacket was fine. I didn't even need gloves or a hat when I was in town. The only place that it was cold was on top of the ski mountain (Cerro Catedral)- and it was really due to the winds. Bariloche is very beautiful and there are some great restaurants. I would recommend that you spend a few days there.

5. Re: Too cold for non skiers?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2009, 21:20
Get answers to your questions about San Carlos de Bariloche