We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can't ski - Is it still worth going to Bariloche?

New York
1 post
Can't ski - Is it still worth going to Bariloche?

We're spending 10 days in Argentina at the end of August. We planned to spend 4 days skiing in Bariloche (staying at Llao Llao), but my husband now has an injured ankle and has been told by the dr. he can't ski.

Is it still worth going to Bariloche/Llao Llao? What can you do there in the winter if you don't ski?

Thanks!

San Carlos de...
Level Contributor
1,018 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: Can't ski - Is it still worth going to Bariloche?

Absolutely, there is plenty to do and see. Here are some ideas; http://www.barilochehouse.com/activities.htm

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
2. Re: Can't ski - Is it still worth going to Bariloche?

Hey!

I strongly recommend to go to Bariloche!, there are lots of more activities!, Fishing,Golf,Circuito Grande, Circuito Chico,Seven lakes and Villa la Angostura!...wow yes! you have plenty of things to do!.. I went to Bariloche during summer and winter. Is one of my fav. spot in the earth!...

Sparkly!

S

San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
12,886 posts
4 reviews
3. Re: Can't ski - Is it still worth going to Bariloche?

Even if you didn't leave the LlaoLlao hotel, what a great place to nurse a bad ankle.

It is spectacular there. The views are amazing from that hotel. The picutres do not do it justice.

Definitely go to Bariloche and follow the suggestions for things to see in the area.

You will be very happy!!!

Branford...
Level Contributor
2,240 posts
50 reviews
4. Re: Can't ski - Is it still worth going to Bariloche?

And...if you like good Chocolate you will be in heaven. Lots of great chocolate shops in town.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
5. Re: Can't ski - Is it still worth going to Bariloche?

yes, you will gain some pounds eating chocolate and having those great hot breakfast at the hotel!..but you can get into a diet when u return home!!!we are here to enjoy life! right?...

By the way...I wanted to recommend you some great Restaurants in Bariloche.

1. Rincon Patagonico

2. El Patacon

3. La Marmite ( try the Cheese Foundue- Delicious on a cold-snowy day in the middle of Bariloche hmm so good!)

Hope you enjoy it!..

Great day 2all!

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
3,624 posts
4 reviews
6. Re: Can't ski - Is it still worth going to Bariloche?

One of the best restaurants in Argentina is in Bariloche: Yuco

Some of the most beautiful scenery you'll see anywhere is in/near Bariloche.

Here's a view of the location of the Llao Llao that I took last December (it's in the center of the photo)... who can look at this and not want to go?

http://i38.tinypic.com/34g4hlw.jpg

San Carlos de...
Level Contributor
1,018 posts
3 reviews
7. Re: Can't ski - Is it still worth going to Bariloche?

Yuco just moved across the street from my house, que lastima!

8. Re: Can't ski - Is it still worth going to Bariloche?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2009, 19:33
Get answers to your questions about San Carlos de Bariloche