We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do in Bariloche in March

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Things to do in Bariloche in March

My husband and I (29 and 32) have planned a trip to Argentina March 18-30, 2009. We're staying 5 nights in Buenos Aires, followed by 4 nights in Mendoza. For our last two nights we're deciding between going back to BA or visiting Bariloche.

I've read one of the guidebooks and am certainly interested in visiting the Black Ice, as well as potentially doing some outdoor activities like hiking and white water rafting (although we might do the rafting in Mendoza, which I hear is the best in the country). What else do you recommend?

We're leaning towards staying at Design Suites as it is within our budget and seems to be a great location with amazing views.

Also how often do flights run between Bariloche and BA that time of year? I know we can go on LAN Mendoza-Santiago-Bariloche (rather than back through BA which looks out of the way), but on the return we'll have to go Bariloche-BA and then transfer to the international airport for our return to the U.S. late in the evening.

Oh, and if it matters, we'd be spending Saturday and Sunday nights in Bariloche (i.e. flying in on Saturday and returning to BA on Monday).

I guess the primary question is 'is it worth it to travel to Bariloche for 2 nights?' Then you can go ahead and answer the rest. :)

Thanks in advance for your input.

San Carlos de...
Level Contributor
1,018 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: Things to do in Bariloche in March

Tere are 5 or more flights by day from BA. Lan no longer flies from SCL to Bariloche.

I would cut out a day in Mendoza to have 3 days in Bariloche.

Here are some activities, http://www.barilochehouse.com/activities.htm.

Suerte!

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
2. Re: Things to do in Bariloche in March

Thanks. We are planning to do 4 nights in Mendoza so that we can do 2 1/2 days worth of wine tasting (by the time we fly in and out) and a day of white water rafting. We're traveling with friends who are definitely going back to Buenos Aires for the last two nights.

It looks like there are more or less flights between BA and Bariloche depending on the day. I think the minimum travel time will be just over 5 hours and I'm just not sure it's worth 5 hours each way for 2 nights there...?

3. Re: Things to do in Bariloche in March

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2009, 08:17
Get answers to your questions about San Carlos de Bariloche