We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

car rental - choosing a car

Miami Beach, Fl
Level Contributor
748 posts
201 reviews
car rental - choosing a car

We are trying to choose a rental car size and it's really hard to find information to compare. We are two people who will be touring around the Lake District. We'll have 2 reasonably sized pieces of luggage, 2 backpacks, a laptop case and traveling guitar with us - trunk size is important for when we are moving from one location to another. Usually, we rent a full size car.

Does anyone know if the Renault Megaine II or the Fiat Palio would meet our needs? Neither of these models are in the US and when I look on the web, I can't tell how they compare or if they will meet our needs.

Thanks!

Miami Beach, Fl
Level Contributor
748 posts
201 reviews
1. Re: car rental - choosing a car

Sorry, got the spelling wrong! It's the Renault Megane II or the Fiat Palio that we are currently considering.

San Carlos de...
Level Contributor
1,018 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: car rental - choosing a car

I think it should be sufficient. I think those have a hatchback. 2 adults and some luggage outta fit pretty good.

Branford...
Level Contributor
2,240 posts
50 reviews
3. Re: car rental - choosing a car

If you want extra space and 4 wheel drive the Ford EcoSport SUV is not bad. I have been driving one this past couple of weeks here. Only problem is there is no trunk. You can put stuff behind the rear seat and it is hidden from view by a cover but it can only accomdate the two bags more or less. Gas mileage is not too great either but as I said for rental in Argentina it is pretty roomy.

4. Re: car rental - choosing a car

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2009, 02:19
Get answers to your questions about San Carlos de Bariloche