We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Galileo Boutique Hotel

Arlington, VA
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Galileo Boutique Hotel

Has anyone ever stayed at the Galileo Boutique Hotel? If so, what did you think? My husband and I are considering spending a week at this hotel because of it's proxmity to the ski slopes. Thoughts? Thank you, Ellen

P.S. Here's the link to the hotel's website - www.galileoboutiquehotel.com

Miami, FL
Level Contributor
11 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Galileo Boutique Hotel

My husband and I just stayed there for a romantic getaway, and LOVED it! It is very close to the ski area, and the place is super. It's only a year old, so the place has a modern-yet-rustic, very organic and cozy feeling about it. Our room (junior suite) had a jacuzzi situated by the window (so you can see the snowy mountains) AND a wood burning fireplace! It was wonderful. The staff are helpful, and there are great restaurants in the area. I would def. go back to the Galileo again.

Austin, TX
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Galileo Boutique Hotel

We are staying at the Galileo right now and I can't say that we are impressed at the moment. Generally the rooms are not soundproof, with pretty slender walls and floors. Most nights you can hear the sounds of chopping and dishwashing from the kitchen below. Then there is the sound of loud construction coming from the room next door from 10 in the morning on. When we complained, they helpfully stopped the noise of the drilling and now there is only the banging of hammers against wood. We never would have stayed in a place with active construction, but we were not informed.

Don't get me wrong, the hotel is tastefully done, but it is not inexpensive, and at this price range you have many, many options in and around Bariloche.

San Carlos de...
Level Contributor
1,018 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Galileo Boutique Hotel

As I have posted many times befor, IMO, the best way to enjoy oneself in Bariloche is to stay in a private house, outside of the city. They are generally less expensive then a hotel, and have all the comforts of home, with more privacy.

Still have questions?Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question
4. Re: Galileo Boutique Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2009, 08:16
Get answers to your questions about San Carlos de Bariloche