We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brazilian falls to IGR: time needed for travel?

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
9 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Brazilian falls to IGR: time needed for travel?

Hi all! I'm planning the final day of my excursion to Iguazu Falls. I'm staying in Puerto Iguazu (for a full day/night at the Argentinian side), getting up early, and traveling to the Brazil side to see the Falls for a half-day tour. I'm planning to fly that evening back to Buenos Aires from IGR (after completing the Brazil side).

My question is whether I should take a 6:55pm, 9:20pm, or 10pm flight from IGR to Buenos Aires after the Brazil side earlier that day, based on however much time the whole travel process takes. And on that note, does it make sense (a) to bring my luggage from Puerto Iguazu that morning to the Brazil side and go straight to IGR or (b) return to Puerto Iguazu after the Falls, grab my luggage, then go to IGR. Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Iguazu Falls
Iguazu Falls
11,126 Reviews
Iguazu National Park, Argentina
Puerto Iguazu
Puerto Iguazu
Province of Misiones, Argentina
Brazil
Brazil
South America
Buenos Aires
Buenos Aires
Capital Federal District, Argentina
Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
1,147 posts
228 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Brazilian falls to IGR: time needed for travel?

It all depends what time you exit the Brazilian Park which closes at 6.00 PM. In a perfect world, the trip from the Brazilian park to the Airport is 35 minutes via taxi. That is, if you breeze through customs and immigration, which may or may not be the case. It also depends what time you start your visit to teh Brazilian Falls, which, unlike the Argentine side take only 3/4 hours tops.

2. Re: Brazilian falls to IGR: time needed for travel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 May 2017, 15:17
;