We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which side to stay Argentina or Brazil? Iguazu falls.

San Francisco...
1 post
Save Topic
Which side to stay Argentina or Brazil? Iguazu falls.

Flying to Argentina side IGR from Bueno Aires June 27, arriving at 11:15 am, leaving on 29th morning from Brazil side IGU to rio. Would appreciate suggestions.

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
1,156 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which side to stay Argentina or Brazil? Iguazu falls.

If you are leaving from IGU, definitely stay on the Brazilian side as crossing is a lottery and the last thing you want is to stress out about your departing flight. I usually stay at Carima Hotel, on the Brazilian side, just 2 miles from IGU: You get to enjoy the hotel until the very last moment.

Lunenburg, Canada
Destination Expert
for Saint John, Foz do Iguacu, Prince Edward Island
Level Contributor
3,944 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which side to stay Argentina or Brazil? Iguazu falls.

Hi SF!

If it were me, I'd overnight at least my last night on the side where my flight departs. If you're leaving from the Brazilian airport (IGU), better to stay on the Brazilian side. That way, you have only a quick taxi ride to the airport. It's less than a half-hour from downtown the Brazilian city of Foz do Iguaçu. From the national park and the Brazilian falls, as well as from many of the hotels on the highway between the city and the falls, the cab ride will be half that.

If you overnight on the Brazilian side at a hotel not far from the airport, you could leave your bags in the hotel while paying a quick visit to the falls. Then, on the way to the airport, have your taxi swing by the hotel to retrieve the luggage, which you're confident is safe in the hotel check room.

If you overnighted in Argentina, not only would you have red tape at the border, but your taxi ride is longer and you might run into a crowd waiting in the queue to cross, say a bus.

No a problem in June, for you, but if anyone were traveling between October and February, Brazil turns its clocks ahead for Daylight Saving Time but Argentina does not. If one were careless, you might forget that fact, only to find that the Brazilian flight leaves one hour earlier, Argentine Time, than you thought.

Happy travels!

David

capetien10@gmail.com

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Which side to stay Argentina or Brazil? Iguazu falls.

Brazil is cheapier. If US citizen i think you need visa.

You can visit both sides of course.

Brazil is the "pullman" . It is more panoramic. Argentina side is the "stage", you're almost on top of the falls

4. Re: Which side to stay Argentina or Brazil? Iguazu falls.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 May 2017, 15:17