We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it easier to go to Iguazu Falls from Bonito or from Rio?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
296 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Is it easier to go to Iguazu Falls from Bonito or from Rio?

Im leaving in 7 weeks and I'm panicking as I haven't done any planning yet other than to get my flight tickets to brazil and visa done.

I have created two scenarios for myself both leading to see the Iguazu Falls. Can i have your input and advice on which one is better in terms of travel time and cost?

Option 1: I arrive in RIO and I fly straight to IGU Brazilian side to see the falls. I haven't been able to find a flight where i fly directly..there are so many that have long long layovers in Sao Pauolo and i don't really want to spend my time in SP.

Option 2: I arrive in RIO stay for a few days then travel around Brazil.. i will go to Pantanal then Bonito and i want to head down to the Falls.. how would i be able to go from Bonito to Falls?

my other questions are.. i want to see the Argentina side of the Falls... would it be best to fly from IGU Brazil or take the bus to Argentina side?

Usually, how much time do people spend seeing the whole Falls? I want to take the boat ride, visit the bird sanctuary in brazil as well.

thank you!

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
1,156 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is it easier to go to Iguazu Falls from Bonito or from Rio?

Two days will be enough to see all you need to see in the Falls, both sides. As to how to go from IGU to IGR, it's a 15 mile distance you can do with a cab or a public bus.

Regarding flights, there are plenty of non stops with TAM and Gol from GIG to IGU. If you don't mind a short stop, you can also get cheaper ones from SDU to IGU. SDU is the airport downtown Rio.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
296 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is it easier to go to Iguazu Falls from Bonito or from Rio?

thank you ! you have been so helpful:)

3. Re: Is it easier to go to Iguazu Falls from Bonito or from Rio?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 February 2017, 18:16