We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boat Trip at Iguazu Falls

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
23 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Boat Trip at Iguazu Falls

Hi all,

I hope you can help with this question. We arrive at Iguazu in the morning and plan on going straight to the Argentinian side to spend the day at the falls (before going across to Brazil to stay in Foz du Igaucu.

We'd like to do the boat tour - is there a way to book this in advance, or can you only do it upon entry to the park? I can't seem to find information about this online.

I'm worried about it selling out by the time we get there. How likely is this in February?

Thanks for your help in advance

Mentioned in this post
Iguazu National Park
Iguazu National Park
Province of Misiones, Argentina
Brazil
Brazil
South America
Lunenburg, Canada
Destination Expert
for Saint John, Foz do Iguacu, Iguazu National Park
Level Contributor
3,868 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boat Trip at Iguazu Falls

Hi Dan,

You'll find several ways:

- you could book online, I think. I don't know how. We didn't

- you could buy tickets from the kiosk at the dock

- you could buy tickets at your hotel

- lots of other dealers sell them in the Iguasu Falls region

You don't need to book in advance, especially not from overseas (unless you have a sizable group). Boats aren't usually filled to capacity, but even if one were, we saw extra boats and what we think were spare crews standing by.

Both Argentina and Brazil have their own boat ride. It's Gran Aventura in Argentina; Macuco in Brazil. You could do it from either country. (Boats from one country do not dock on the other side, though. No cross-border travel is permitted by these boats.)

Happy travels!

David

capetien10@gmail.com

Mentioned in this post
Argentina
Argentina
South America
Brazil
Brazil
South America
Gran Aventura
Gran Aventura
152 Reviews
Iguazu National Park, Argentina
Redlands, California
Level Contributor
5,993 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boat Trip at Iguazu Falls

Three days ago the afternoon boats were mostly filled when I asked at 9.30 that morning. The first few morning boats were not full as many visitors arrive later. This was the short ride, though, Aventura Nautica. You will get VERY wet!

3. Re: Boat Trip at Iguazu Falls

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 February 2017, 16:16
Get answers to your questions about Iguazu National Park