We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buenos Aires beaches in March

Which Buenos Aires hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
England
Level Contributor
45 posts
110 reviews
Save Topic
Buenos Aires beaches in March

We are going to a wedding in BA in early March. We have a few days spare and are looking to spend some time in a beach resort.

Any recomendations, we do not want to be too far away from BA.

San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
11,393 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buenos Aires beaches in March

The Argentine beach resorts(MardelPlata,Carilo,Villa Gesell,Pinamar) are located 4 to5 hours via bus to the South of Buenos Aires.

The best Uruguay beaches are located in Punta del Este which can be reached via fast ferry and bus in around 2 to 3 hours or you can fly.

Have a look at www.welcomeargentina.com

Punta del Este...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Punta del Este
Level Contributor
3,654 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buenos Aires beaches in March

Ricardo, I wish Punta del Este was only 2-3 hours by bus/ferry from BA. Alas, it's 5-6 hours, whether you go through Colonia or Montevideo. Or 50 minutes by plane. Very much worth the travel time, though.

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
4,437 posts
757 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buenos Aires beaches in March

I agree with Punta....it's a very easy 45/50 minute flight and very easy to get to from Buenos Aires. Well worth the trip and oh so beautiful. I like it in March as the crowds are down and it's peaceful. The only thing I don't like about Punta in high season is the traffic. I really enjoy going in December before the crowds hit and late February and sometimes March.

Oh how marriage and fatherhood changes you! Before I loved going when it was really busy and everyone was there. LOL.

Naples
Level Contributor
15 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buenos Aires beaches in March

I'm supposed to spend few days in Pinamar, and I'll go there by bus from BsAs. I found a bus that leaves from BsAs (Retiro) at 8.30 am, the company is Plusmar, do you know if there's a kind of check-in to do and how much time before the bus leaving I have to be at the retiro station? Or, may I arrive at the platform just 15 min. before and just have to show the ticket that I'll buy on the web?

Thanks in advance!

Mar del Plata...
Level Contributor
525 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Buenos Aires beaches in March

I think you have to exchange the printed ticket from the internet into a proper ticket at Retiro. Therefore, I think you need to be there an hour before, maybe a bit less.

Plusmar is my favourite bus company, so a good choice.

Regards

Michelle

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
2,281 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Buenos Aires beaches in March

I would like to add a little more info just so you manage your expectations.... water is very cold at all Argentine beaches.... no matter if you go in December, Jan.... or March. Dont expect anything like the beaches in Brazil.... they do not compare.

7. Re: Buenos Aires beaches in March

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 May 2010, 14:24