We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kabak Olive Garden

10 posts
Save Topic
Kabak Olive Garden

Anyone know if there are still organised bus trips up to Olive Garden.

Trying to ensure a quiet visit.

John

9 replies to this topic
felixstowe
Level Contributor
28 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kabak Olive Garden

Hi John

Went to the Olive tree garden last year,(loved it) you can get the dolmus at the bus and taxi rank down at Oludeniz the bus runs every hour if I remember, it terminates at Kabak as this is where the coast rd ends, we caught the bus back at 3-30 pm to Oludeniz, the coast rd to Kabak is amazing with fantastic scenry on the way, the cost for the two of us was about £5 return. Hope this helps, note you are from suffolk, we are from felixstowe

Mentioned in this post
Oludeniz
Oludeniz
Mugla Province, Turkey
Scotland
Level Contributor
337 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kabak Olive Garden

Carol & Tafun used to do the day trips up there but can't see it on their website this year, just overnight stays.

We used to avoid the day trip days, as lovely as the infinity pool is there are limited sunloungers. The earlier you go the better chance you have of getting one. They do a lovely Turkish breakfast if you like that kind of thing.

Also if you intend staying late I'd definitely recommend taking an insect spray, I lent mine to people who were staying for a few days & had forgotten to bring & had quite a few nasty bites, we sprayed & stayed & were fine.

It's a lovely place, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Kabak Olive Garden

Thanks.

We've been several times before but I just heard a rumour that they may still do bus tours so were keen to avoid a busy day.

Breakfast sounds interesting as we are on a mission to find the best Turkish breakfast whilst here.

John

Wilmslow, United...
Level Contributor
1,322 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kabak Olive Garden

We got back from 3 nights there on Sunday. They do bus collect room for groups of 8 or more. They ought to instigate a booking system for day guests as I can verify what others say about it being crowded, on Saturday there were no cushions out due to rain in the morning, so the loungers were all occupied by the pool, as paying guests we were confined to our balcony. If they'd put the cushions out they'd have been dry in half an hour it was that hot.

Edited: 17 May 2018, 03:28
Wilmslow, United...
Level Contributor
1,322 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kabak Olive Garden

Collection - not collect room

10 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Kabak Olive Garden

So am I right in saying the busses could be there any day?

It used to be set days, twice a week I believe.

OK.....will just take a chance. With the weather due to be 90 degrees plus for the next few days we won't want any cushions, just the pool!

John

Wilmslow, United...
Level Contributor
1,322 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kabak Olive Garden

There was a board outside the restaurant saying that collection is for groups of 8+.as far as I recall I didn't notice whether this,was set days. I suggest you email them. They reply quickly. We caught the dolmus from olu Denis. It was easy. Then got a taxi to the airport Sunday.

When I said cushions I meant the wooden structure things, are they called kosks? They were just bare. So you couldn't sprawl into the lovely garden.

Edited: 17 May 2018, 07:43
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Kabak Olive Garden

We always stay one night every year but we always avoid the two days the bus trips are on.if you email them they are more than happy to tell you what days they are.we just get the dolmus ourselves as it's a much cheaper option.the breakfast is the best I have ever had.its a must visit.you will love it

10 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Kabak Olive Garden

Thanks all. Still don't know if the organised groups still go but we went up on thursday.

Went early for breakfast and we were the only two on the dolmus so we sat up the front with the driver who showed us all the interesting spots on the way up.

Arrived at 09.20 and there were just 3 or 4 other people so we had breakfast which was very good...... watch out for my breakfast report once we get back!

By about 11.30 there must have been 50 or 60 people there with not a sunbed or cushion to spare but it was still incredibly quiet with everyone seemingly talking in whispers!

Still a lovely day out and still peaceful.

John

Edited: 19 May 2018, 14:34
Reply to: Kabak Olive Garden
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted