We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TUI 'Day & Night Connected' Club (Armas) Life Belek

Yorkshire, England
Level Contributor
1,167 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
TUI 'Day & Night Connected' Club (Armas) Life Belek

I thought I would start a thread on this hotel as a group of us are thinking of booking for February and there is almost zero information about it available in English. The official hotel website is here (in Turkish):

http://www.lifebelek.com

The 'Day & Night Connected' is a TUI brand marketed only in Russia. The concept includes a 24 hour bar, professional 'celebrity' visiting DJs, free entry to the leading local 'club' and loads of organised activities. The whole thing sounds revolting to me. Thankfully, on TUI's page for the hotel (in Russian) it states that the 'Day & Night Connected' concept ends 8th December. Phew!

Apart from the TUI concession, the hotel changed ownership at the start of the year and is now managed by the little-known Armas group who gave it a fresh renovation. The hotel, post renovation, actually looks well-designed and very smart.

I checked with SkyScanner- there are no charter flights from Russia to Antalya this coming winter. The party should be over well before we get there.

At around 200 rooms, it is relatively small by current standards. The main bar is not in the lobby but on the floor below with the entrances to the main and a la carte restaurants off it. There are Chesterfield sofas and the library there and the bar itself is an island in the middle with bar stools all-round. From 20 years of visiting all-inclusive hotels, I have learned the hard way to avoid hotels that do not have bar stools at the bar - it means it is a queuing area - yuk! When travelling solo as I often do, sitting at the bar en route to the restaurant is simply the most sociable place to be. It is also the place to practice my Turkish with the bar staff.

A few reviewers complained that the bathrooms are open-plan, confirmed by the photos. This is unusual but to a solo-occupier a marginal advantage if anything.

I emailed the hotel around 10 days ago asking for their 'winter concept' or policy on outdoor facilities when the weather is fine in the winter, as these vary hugely between all-inclusive hotels. I have received no reply as yet.

Any thoughts, knowledge or experience?

5 replies to this topic
w.mids
Level Contributor
1,576 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: TUI 'Day & Night Connected' Club (Armas) Life Belek

Tim,

Glad you're confronting your Belekophbia.

LOL.

I suspect a crash course in Russian is the only way forward!

Yorkshire, England
Level Contributor
1,167 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: TUI 'Day & Night Connected' Club (Armas) Life Belek

Andy B, thanks for your support.

As far as my 'Belekophbia', I have probably stayed in Belek longer than most posters on the Belek forum. I have a balanced view which I express with my Northern honesty.

Twenty years ago, I regarded Belek as an affront to Turkish tourism. Then came Lara Beach. Enough said.

This is Boğazkent, around 7 miles to the East of the place known as 'Belek' and just short of the Links golf course, which I witnessed being built. It was residential but with a few sea-front plots reserved for hotels which are now all taken up.

I imagine the staff will be missing the Russians by the time I arrive.

T.

Edited: 14 August 2018, 19:49
w.mids
Level Contributor
1,576 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: TUI 'Day & Night Connected' Club (Armas) Life Belek

Having stayed at Lykia in 2011, I guess you're using "residential" very loosely?

The road down to it was..... "interesting."

Yorkshire, England
Level Contributor
1,167 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: TUI 'Day & Night Connected' Club (Armas) Life Belek

Boğazkent was residential until the last 7-8 years. 10 years ago the area only existed on civil planners computers.

I have photos of me on my scooter when they where building the Lykia, before the roads were built. I wanted to take a look and posted the photos then - the first ever as far as I am aware.

Golf remains a strange habit to me.

Yorkshire, England
Level Contributor
1,167 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: TUI 'Day & Night Connected' Club (Armas) Life Belek

Bump.

I have asked the hotel by email and now twice via FaceBook if they have a 'winter concept'. There has been no reply which I find very odd.

The reviews on TripAdvisor and HolidayCheck remain very positive. They must be going something right but what will remain in the winter is totally unknown. As I am a winter-guest, I judge a hotel by how it treats its guests in the quieter times not during the lucrative summer months.

Why don't they reply?

I can feel a long review coming on.

Reply to: TUI 'Day & Night Connected' Club (Armas) Life Belek
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted