We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

DIY versus Package

London
Level Contributor
138 posts
Save Topic
DIY versus Package

Long time lurker on this and the antalya forums - never been to Turkey.

Would like to go Summer 2018

I see many of you do DIY deals but whenever I try this it seems to come up a lot more expensive than package deals.

Is this because I have to go in school holidays ?

How long in advance do you book as I find the flights quite expensive.

Do you book the hotel first then the flights as soon as they are released.

Is the weather for a 4 and 6 year old more bearable in July or August (i.e are there differences apart from just the temp such as humidity etc)

Would be looking at the VB in particular.

many thanks in advance.

12 replies to this topic
Maidstone, United...
Level Contributor
235 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: DIY versus Package

Umm weather very similar for both April and October both mid 20's on average and cooler in eve. Nothing guaranteed but we have being going at those times for many many years and it's pretty good, odd cloud or odd shower.

Only thing is October pool and sea temperatures are warmer.

ayrshire
Level Contributor
34 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: DIY versus Package

When booking our hotel on a DIY basis we use someone like Travel Republic who normally only take a £1 deposit , rest gets paid 2 weeks before travel, doing it this way means you can cancel if circumstances change and only lose a quid, or if price drops for your chosen hotel you can make a new booking and transfer onto cheaper rate at no cost. Personally I find it more enjoyable researching and booking myself, but everyone,s circumstances are diff. whatever way you chose I am sure you will love Turkey.

Edited: 18 May 2017, 22:03
Reply to: DIY versus Package
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted