We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Baby milk - Help

lancashire
Level Contributor
39 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Baby milk - Help

This is generic really for anyone who's taken infants to any hotel in belek, how do you go about making baby milk, i assumed it would be bottled water boiled but then read somewhere that bottled water should be avoided for babies as sodium content quite high? but obviously the only other option would be the tap water boiled? having never taken infants abroad i'm clueless and hoping to get some tips on this as going sueno deluxe monday

34 replies to this topic
Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
15,755 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Baby milk - Help

Bottle water is fine and far better than the tap water. and you can get bottled baby water in all the supermarkets as well with no sodium. Do not boil the tap water as it is full of minerals and boiling will not get rid of the minerals. The tap water may upset your baby's stomach.

I know that people who visit Belek usually go for the Hotels and do not leave them much, but I am sure there must be shops in the area.

My daughter brought my Granddaughter to our area of Turkey and did not have any bother with buy baby water, nappies, jars of baby food etc., as there are many supermarkets to chose from.

Perhaps you should email your Hotel and ask where your nearest shops are, maybe even they could get you Baby Water.

lancashire
Level Contributor
39 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Baby milk - Help

what about the bottled water they supply in the belek hotels?

Has anyone used that for boiling to make babies milk?

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
15,755 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Baby milk - Help

Bottled water will be the same brands as around Turkey, there are quite a few. I know many women holiday makers use the normal bottled water for babies.

However, my Daugther preferred the Baby Water. The brand in the supermarkets in our area is Nestles Baby Water sold in packs of six. However, my daughter fed my Granddaughrer herself and just gave my Granddaugher the bottled baby water to drink, she did not boil it.

Lancashire UK
Level Contributor
61 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Baby milk - Help

Hi

I have always been advise never to use bottled water for making babies milk. Previously when going abroad I have always taken ready made formula bought in little cartons for each feed. Just ordered on line to collect at airport boots along with nappies after security.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
15,755 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Baby milk - Help

Noting wrong with the bottled water. I know many people who have used it. There is a member on these Forums who used it for all her children.

Please give us the link to the fact you cannot use bottle water, becasue you cannot come and make statements like that without backing them up and panicking people. So, waiting to hear where you got that advice?

The baby bottle water is used by many women all over the world.

No point in bringing loads of cartons of milk and nappies. Nappies are sold in Turkey, possibly because the population of 80,000 have grown up with nappies. Turkey is not a third world country.

jbi
Preston
Level Contributor
232 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Baby milk - Help

How olds the baby? Most hotels do the premade Aptemel milk. If weaned bottle water will be fine. I would email the hotel and ask what they provide.

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,743 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Baby milk - Help

Bottled water is fine but look for one with a low sodium content like Erikli, Labranda, Pinar or Nestle.

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,743 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Baby milk - Help

Gollmall, who advised you not to use bottled water for baby milk? I know lots of people who live in Turkey and use bottled water for their baby's bottles. I brought my baby up in Turkey and even though I breastfed her I know others who bottle fed. Most people use bottled water.

Maidstone, United...
Level Contributor
240 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Baby milk - Help

The NHS website recommends not using bottle water to make up formula unless an emergency if so look for water with less that 200mg sodium per litre (also written na) and not more than 250mg per litre (so4)

www.nhs.uk/chq/pages/1945.aspx?categoryid=62

Edited: 15 May 2017, 05:36
Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
15,755 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Baby milk - Help

As said to be sure use Baby Water, which has no sodium/salt.

Reply to: Baby milk - Help
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted