We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Woodford car hire

Harrogate, United...
Level Contributor
1,042 posts
41 reviews
Woodford car hire

Anyone had a rental car from this company?

We booked with Holiday Autos in the UK but I do not know of anyone who as booked with them.

To be honest we have not heard of them but they do exist.

67 replies to this topic
Oakville, Canada
1 post
1 review
41. Re: Woodford car hire

Don't Use This Company!!! Charges Put On Without Reason! Bad Customer Service As Well!

Level Contributor
17 posts
3 reviews
42. Re: Woodford car hire

Stay away from this company!!!! I am still trying to get my money back that they charged for a small dent over $1200.00 - but we took pictures when we rented the car and we have the dated picture showing the small dent on the day we picked it up. We had to return the car before they were open to catch a flight so they automatically charged the FULL amount they could and threatened me when I told him I was going to dispute the charge - DO NOT RENT FROM THIS COMPANY!.

1 post
43. Re: Woodford car hire

Literally THE WORST customer service on the PLANET. We were charged over 13000 rand for a chip in the windscreen. Provided ZERO invoice. Hung up on by customer service. How is this company still in business???Completely unethical business practices. Absolutely disgusted. DO NOT USE THEM!!!!!!!!! Making a huge mistake if you do.

Cape Town, South...
Level Contributor
4 posts
12 reviews
44. Re: Woodford car hire

Hello Leah R,

Sorry to hear about your experience. I still don't understand how they are getting away as a car rental agency. You can get your bank to reverse the charges. You will have to log a case with your bank, but it is possible. I managed to reverse the charges that they weren't supposed to charge me. Can you believe they charged my card without my authorisation? When they realised they could not get the R13000, they tried 3 more attempts of R6500 and then R5000 and R2000.

Good luck.

Surrey
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
45. Re: Woodford car hire

The airline I flew with to Cape Town listed WOODFORD as the best deal and indeed it was the lowest quote for 37 days rental. I did book the rental in a hurry and only afterwards saw all the critical comments about WOODFORD so I am hoping for the best. My wife and I have been returning to the Western Cape every February/March for the past six years and she is always signed on as an additional driver. Currently AVIS charges R 385 and Hertz charges R 310 flat fee. Last Monday I was shocked to be informed that WOODFORD's charge is R 30 per day which in our case totalled R 1110 for 37 days. And, yes, if you dig enough into their website you will find R 30 per day quoted for an additional driver. So the WARNING is that if you want to add another driver be prepared to pay an exorbitant amount to WOODFORD which is how it claws back their low daily rental rate.

46. Re: Woodford car hire

How I wish I consulted this forum before hiring a car from this Company. I rented a car in December 2017 and my deposit of R5000 was never returned and there was an unexplained an extra charge on my card after the car was returned with full tank. DO NOT RENT A CAR FROM THIS COMPANY!! They are bunch of crooks and they are so rude when you try to enquire about refund and extra charges.

Hout Bay, South...
Level Contributor
614 posts
47. Re: Woodford car hire

AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE. Bunch of liars and con artists.

Devon
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
48. Re: Woodford car hire

Using them at the moment. Very happy with the car and very quick to pick up at the airport as they had no queue. Good local firm in my oinion.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
31 reviews
49. Re: Woodford car hire

Service was slow due to three staff at prayer! Took 35 minutes once we were served and many many extras mentioned to up sell. We booked via Emirates and thought this may be a good sign. Booking through web unfortunately does not exposed all costs and we still had to pay extra. Was then asked for card details to secure deposit of 8000 rand in case of damage, which wasn't an issue. However 2 days before returning car the deposit was taken from account. I have been back 2 weeks and was told 3 working days for deposit return. Sent third e mail today. Watch this space. Are the just lazy. Very slow service at desk to the extent I stared laughing at the lazie fer attitude. Would probably not pick them as first choice which is a pity as far was absolutely fine.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,499 posts
2 reviews
50. Re: Woodford car hire

Douglas, you should stop sending emails to Woodford and waiting for them to return your deposit. Now is the time to contact the credit card company and open a "disputed charges" case. It is very simple to do and usually gets things resolved pretty damned fast.

Simply explain the situation to the bank advising them you have been in contact with Woodford and they are ignoring your emails. The bank will put a hold on any payment that is scheduled to go to Woodford or which has already been paid into Woodford's account and ask Woodford to justify the charges and provide evidence that the charges are correct.

Reply to: Woodford car hire
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted