We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

December in Krueger ?

Maryland
Level Contributor
69 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
December in Krueger ?

I have an opportunity to visit Krueger end of December this year. I've read that the rainy season doesn't really afford optimal game viewing, and the terrain can be quite muddy. Apparently high green gass obscures views and the abundance of water means few animals congregate at watering holes.

Thoughts?

Coming from the US, this would be an expensive trip and I'd like to be reasonably assured that it'll be worthwhile at the end of December.

Cologne, Germany
Level Contributor
927 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: December in Krueger ?

we've visited KNP six or seven times, during all kinds of seasons - best trip we ever had (sighting wise) was december 2010 / january 2011, 50+ lions, 50+ hyenas, 7 leopards, 3 cheetah, a pack of wild dogs - of course this is no guarantee that your trip will be as exciting as ours

by th way: we did / do self driving, can't speak for lodge trips

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
41 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: December in Krueger ?

We did a self drive over new year 2011/2012. We had one wet night, otherwise all the rivers were dry and the weather was hot. Game viewing was excellent - we saw much more than we'd anticipated on a self drive...much, much more. Our photos are here should you find them of interest: http://photo.tarajiblue.com/p780553382

I loved the trip so much that I have started a blog all bout Kruger - detailing the accommodation, journey there etc etc tarajiblue.com/region/…

Enjoy Kruger - we would not hesitate to go back and are already planning our next trip. just be aware that the holiday period in december is peak time for locals visiting the park, so you will need to book early, especially if you are aiming to stay in the southern / central region

3. Re: December in Krueger ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 April 2012, 20:14
Gold Coast...
Destination Expert
for Kruger National Park
Level Contributor
4,775 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: December in Krueger ?

Pinkbeast

How many more copy and paste posts are you going to put on today ??

Each one recommending same company...your connection is ??

Findlay, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Tanzania, Ngorongoro Conservation Area
Level Contributor
12,484 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: December in Krueger ?

He's obviously touting for this company, might be his which would be a violation of TA rules on self promotion. I came here (from the Tanzania forums where he's also posting) to see what he's posting on other county's forums.

If he continues these one post wonders, he should be taken down. Or perhaps the poster will come forward and 'fess up.

He's being taken down on the Tanzania forum for self promotion.

Edited: 27 March 2012, 23:10
Gold Coast...
Destination Expert
for Kruger National Park
Level Contributor
4,775 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: December in Krueger ?

Hi Karl.

Thanks, I am sure the posts will be taken down soon.

Findlay, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Tanzania, Ngorongoro Conservation Area
Level Contributor
12,484 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: December in Krueger ?

We try to clean up the OPW (one post wonders) on the Tz forum who are obvious self promoters, but it's difficult. They took some of his down on the Tz forum.

8. Re: December in Krueger ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 02:40