We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cabana beach and umhlanga sands With 10month old

K M
Sydney
Level Contributor
10 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
cabana beach and umhlanga sands With 10month old

Hi there, we will be travelling to sa from Sydney Australia in April next year with our 10 month old. What are the differences between these two resort? Which would be better with a baby?

Are they both close to shops? And what is there to do in this area besides walk the beach front?

Thanks

2 replies to this topic
Durban, South Africa
Level Contributor
366 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cabana beach and umhlanga sands With 10month old

Here's hoping forumite " fully depreciated " will be able to advise as they have given reviews for both having been there recently in the case of Cabana Beach.

You need to check the TA reviews I think.

Cabana Beach has balconies so there should be some caution with a toddler I suppose but there are complaints

by some traveller reviews about noise levels and smoking at Umhlanga Sands.

I would lean toward Cabana Beach as there are guests who keep coming back year in and year out according to the reviews.

Cape Town, South...
Level Contributor
644 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cabana beach and umhlanga sands With 10month old

Both are on the beach but I would choose Cabana beach It has a nice feel to it . super for the little ones and its right on the beach no roads to cross. plenty of shops in the "village" but there is the Big Gateway shopping mall just up the road about 5 minutes by car , with plenty of entertainment on the occasional wet and rainy day . Go and enjoy

Reply to: cabana beach and umhlanga sands With 10month old
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Umhlanga Rocks
More Umhlanga Rocks Topics