We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jerome /Sedona itinerary

Texas
Level Contributor
72 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Jerome /Sedona itinerary

We are spending the weekend in Cottonwood for my sister's birthday. It will be a mini family reunion of sorts with 13 of us flying in or driving in from all over. My sister wanted to spend a day visiting Sedona and Jerome. We are not sure how to best divide our time. should we spend the day in Sedona and the late afternoon to evening in Jerome or vice versa. Our group is mostly adults who can enjoy libations but we also have a couple of grandkids aged three in tow. Any suggestions for an itinerary will be most welcome.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
60,777 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jerome /Sedona itinerary

Sedona and Jerome are in opposite directions from Cottonwood. Jerome is a fun half day adventure. Sedona offers enough to entertain you for a week. It deserves a full day at the very least. Go there first. Stay as long as you like.

Texas
Level Contributor
72 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jerome /Sedona itinerary

Thanks for the advice, Red Rox. My sister really wants to see both towns and we only have one full day before the party splits up. I think I'll suggest a day trip to Sedona and then head to Jerome for dinner and libations.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
60,777 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jerome /Sedona itinerary

Good compromise.

K K
Sedona, Arizona
Level Contributor
347 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jerome /Sedona itinerary

Sedona in the day and Jerome in the evening. You will want daylight for Sedona activities and waning light will not be an issue in Jerome.

In Sedona, try to get an early start. I recommend booking Pink Jeep's Beoken Arrow tour for amazing sights and lots of info re history, archeology, and plant and wildlife from a well trained guide. Worth the 2 hours of your precious time. If you can't get Broken Arrow, try for Scenic Rim. If you can't get either, then don't take the two hours the tour requires. Use the time elsewhere.

Sedona "must" sees: Chapel of the Holy Cross and Red Rock Crossing.

If it were me, I would structure the day as follows:

Sedona Pink Jeep Broken Arrow Tour as early as possible. 8 AM, unless they offer a 7 AM.

Drive to Chapel of the Holy Cross. You could be there by 11.

Tlaquepaque stop for lunch. It's a Recreated Mexican village in the heart of Sedona. 4 restaurants to choose from for lunch. I would try to be out if there by 1:30

Head to Red Rock Crossing. Take UPPER LOOP road to Crescent Moon. The views are stunning! It's a fee area, but worth it as you do not have time to do it another way. Visit Red Rock Crossing and then walk up to Buddah Beach. These are iconic views of Sedona and if you sacrifice something else in Sedona, due to time, this is a keeper.

From there, hopefully sometime before 4 PM, head toward Jerome. Walk the shops there before they close and then settle in for dinners at one if the great Jerome. restaurants.

A packed day, but I think it's doable. Whatever you do, it's all worth it. Important not to stress it. It's all beautiful and you will be on vacation. Have fun.

Edited: 09 May 2016, 00:22
5. Re: Jerome /Sedona itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 July 2017, 16:17
Get answers to your questions about Jerome
Recent Conversations