We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jerome ;Sedona stop from Grand Canyon

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
165 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Jerome ;Sedona stop from Grand Canyon

Hello....Jerome is a must stop...kids are teens-we are descendants of Belgium Jenny...so we have to visit. Since it is a stop on way back to Grand Canyon to Phoenix...we want some advise on how to pack in sights in Jerome and a few in Sedona...any recommendation on things to see and do or places to eat itinerary ...thanks for help!!!!

4 replies to this topic
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
165 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jerome ;Sedona stop from Grand Canyon

Oh my...spelled wrong...Belgian Jenny....

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
60,779 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jerome ;Sedona stop from Grand Canyon

Sedona needs and deserves 3 nights or more.

If you are planning this as a one day drive, then you'll arrive Sedona via 89A and Oak Creek Canyon and continue on 89A through Cottonwood and up to Jerome. From there to Phoenix will be another 2 1/2 hours. It will be a very long day

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
165 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jerome ;Sedona stop from Grand Canyon

I wish I had 3 nights.....

Jerome, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Jerome
Level Contributor
228 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jerome ;Sedona stop from Grand Canyon

Kick3--In Jerome, with limited time and your specific interest in Jennie Bauter, I would recommend this:

1) Jennie's building is now the Nellie Bly building on Main Street--occupants are a Jewelry store and the Kaleidoscope store--a destination in itself. Here is a recent article about the current owners saving the building: verdenews.com/main.asp…

2) the Historical Society Mine Museum on Main Street as well: jeromehistoricalsociety.com/mine-museum/ it's open everyday and has model mine tunnel you can enter.

That will give a basic version of Jerome History. For people with more time, I always recommend starting over at the Jerome Historic State Park (aka The Douglas Mansion): http://azstateparks.com/Parks/JERO/

Jerome has a lot of great history to soak up, just by walking the streets, reading the historic markers and peering into some of our still derelict buildings.

Have a great trip!

Reply to: Jerome ;Sedona stop from Grand Canyon
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Jerome
Recent Conversations