We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A possible visit.

Hertfordshire...
Level Contributor
598 posts
200 reviews
Save Topic
A possible visit.

If we have the time would love to visit the Jerome State Historic park on our way to Scottsdale from Sedona end of September as it is something we have not visited before although have visited Jerome itself a couple of time. Is the park open as having looked at their website it says grand re-opening in 14th October. Was that last year or is it this coming October? as the website does not say, a bit confusing. It seems from posts that it has been open in August of this year but need to confirm.

Many thanks.

Jerome, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Jerome
Level Contributor
228 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A possible visit.

That must be an old artcle. Current hours are 8:30-4:30 7 days a week.

Hertfordshire...
Level Contributor
598 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A possible visit.

Thank you.

Shame no one is taking care getting the facts correct and updated on the visitor website!

TUCSON
Level Contributor
1,396 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: A possible visit.

When I find outdated info online I let them know they just lost a customer. Strange how that motivates some people. If they do not care to maintain a working website that tells me they just do not care!

Nevada
Level Contributor
2,031 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: A possible visit.

Here is the web link for Jerome State Historic Park that is on-line today -- 09/01/2015 - - -

http://azstateparks.com/Parks/JERO/

The box at the very top of the home page says - - -

Park is now open 7 days a week

The Arizona State Parks Board, Yavapai County External Link, the Town of Jerome External Link & the Jerome Historical Society External Link invite you to visit Jerome State Historic Park! The park is open 8:30 am to 5 pm daily. The Museum is open 8:30 am to 4:45 pm daily.

Farther down on the home page there is a 6 minute video of the park re-opening that took place (past tense).

And then there is this from Wikipedia - - -

Jerome State Historic Park reopened on October 14, 2010,

Hope this helps clear up any confusion.

Copper

Edited: 02 September 2015, 16:40
Hertfordshire...
Level Contributor
598 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A possible visit.

Thank you to everyone!

It seems it has been open since 2010, strange nothing had been done online to update this simple fact.

I really hope that we will have time to visit as Jerome itself was wonderful to wonder around and take in the historic town and buildings. Plus the views were outstanding as well!

Nevada
Level Contributor
2,031 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: A possible visit.

Just curious . . . what web site are you looking at that does not have the updated information?

Because whatever on-line source you are looking at does, indeed, need to be corrected. However, the official site for Jerome Historic State Park does, in fact, have the current information.

What web site can we contact to have them make the correction?

Edited: 03 September 2015, 01:54
Hertfordshire...
Level Contributor
598 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: A possible visit.

WWW.sedonaverdevalley.org is the culprit.

Nevada
Level Contributor
2,031 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: A possible visit.

Thank you! I found the outdated information on the website you provided and I have kindly reported it via e-mail to the Sedona Verde Valley Tourism Council. Again, thank you.

Copper

Hertfordshire...
Level Contributor
598 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: A possible visit.

Thank you Copper, very good of you.

Cottonwood, Arizona
Level Contributor
359 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: A possible visit.

The internet is a big place with many outdated websites. One should always primarily trust the official website, not some third party website.

Get answers to your questions about Jerome
Recent Conversations