We are coming to Dalyan on the 13th September with our one year old daughter Jocelyn (she will actually turn one while we are in Dalyan!).
I’ve been doing as much reading as I can but have a few questions so any further help would be greatly appreciated. Usually we have just had to think about ourselves and things like where to eat and drink or what trips to do, so it is slightly different this year! We have tried to avoid the trap of the more commercialised or child orientated resorts as we loved Dalyan and the Turkish people genuinely love kids. When we were in Dalyan last year my wife was heavily pregnant and there were so many people giving us little gifts so it will be very special to return.
• Do the supermarkets stock a decent range of baby food/nappies/swim nappies and does anyone know if any of them stock Aptimal baby milk as that is what Jocelyn takes.
• What sort of mozzie repellent would be best suited for a toddler. We have got little lemon scented mosquito patches for the buggy but we need something for Jocelyn specifically.
• Has anyone noticed any restaurants with changing facilities for babies or are there any at the beach
• Are there any kids areas or play parks in Dalyan with swings etc. I read in a recent review about a bar with a kid’s area out the back opposite Migros? That sounds ideal!
• Boat trips are obviously out, but are there any trips that would be suitable?
• I would love to hire bikes to explore around Dalyan as I do a lot of cycling at home. Has anyone seen any for hire with baby seats fitted and if so would it be advisable for us bring our own helmet for Jocelyn?
• Finally the most frequently asked question on the forum – restaurants! We don’t like spoiling anyone else dining experience with an overactive one year old so will probably try to stick in the main to quieter restaurants. We also prefer the more authentic, better value for money restaurants away from the main street and our shortlist (along with a few favourites from last year) are:
Saki (for a special meal)
Beyaz Gul (haven’t tried it before and again for a special meal for my wife’s birthday)
Are there any others we should add or replace on our list as a “must try”?!
Any other tips for Dalyan with a toddler is more than welcome or if anyone that is Dalyan at the moment and can check some of the above that would be great!