We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Fethiye

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
517 posts
6 reviews
Getting to Fethiye

Whats the quickest and cheapest way to get to Fethiye from Dalyan? Coming to Dalyan in June for the first time and was recommended both places, ended up choosing Dalyan so thought we might go and have a look at Fethiye to see if we did right choosing Dalyan !!!

Rosehearty, United...
Level Contributor
10,190 posts
10 reviews
1. Re: Getting to Fethiye

Dolmuş will be the cheapest method - catch one from Dalyan to Dalaman, the either coach or Dolmuş Fethiye - coach will be quıcker, and not much dearer.

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
517 posts
6 reviews
2. Re: Getting to Fethiye

Thank you

colchester
Destination Expert
for Stoupa
Level Contributor
2,307 posts
5 reviews
3. Re: Getting to Fethiye

There is no dolmus from Dalyan to Dalaman, you need to get one from Dalyan to Ortaca then change for Fethiye.

Alternitively on Tuesday there is a straight through dolmus from Dalyan to Fethiye, for the big market day. The market is a must see once trip, and is very near the harbour front and the town.

Edited: 11 March 2012, 06:02
Rosehearty, United...
Level Contributor
10,190 posts
10 reviews
4. Re: Getting to Fethiye

oops sorry thought there was a direct one to Dalaman.

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
9,720 posts
71 reviews
5. Re: Getting to Fethiye

There is one dolmus from Dalyan to Fethiye, İ am not sure at what time, but my friend who lives in Dalyan tends to take that bus. You can check once you ar ein Dalyan.

You might not want to take to bus back :-)

Just joking Dalyan is lovely too, only Fethiye has by far more options.

Enjoy!

Brighton and Hove...
Level Contributor
7,894 posts
3 reviews
6. Re: Getting to Fethiye

I was going to say about the weekly dolmus, but couldn't remember which day - duh! - Tues of course for Fethiye market.

But when we did it, a good few years ago now, it was a pretty old bus and really crowded with no aircon - so I would think via Ortaca is best. It is very easy to get to Ortaca and find the next bus onward to Fethiye (they are frequent). The Dalyan dolmus did stop though for us to take photos at the "scenic view" over the bay, which was nice!

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
517 posts
6 reviews
7. Re: Getting to Fethiye

Thanks, will post after hols with the scores ! Dalyan or Fethiye !

8. Re: Getting to Fethiye

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 14 March 2012, 11:35
colchester
Destination Expert
for Stoupa
Level Contributor
2,307 posts
5 reviews
9. Re: Getting to Fethiye

The scenic view is, I believe, Katranci. It is a lovely isolated bay, and the buses will often stop there for photos, and even for a kebab from the little van too.

Cheshire
Level Contributor
2,035 posts
41 reviews
10. Re: Getting to Fethiye

Don t forget that if you get the dolmus to Ortaca and then the bus to Fethiye, the bus station is a fair walk ( one + K ) to the market area. If you can get a direct dolmus to Fethiye ( on market day ), you are much nearer to the market at the dolmus stn.

Don't forget, after the market, to walk out along the harbour, perhaps eat in Pelican Cafe ( where the Pelicans sometimes pay a visit ) and then on to the ' back streets '.

Enjoy.

Mx.