We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Binlik & Dalyan, the place for us ?

Northumberland
Level Contributor
595 posts
123 reviews
Hotel Binlik & Dalyan, the place for us ?

We sampled our 1st ever Turkey holiday last June/July and after initial reservations having never been before we absolutely loved it.

Loved the friendliness of the Turkish people really genuine friendliness & even the holidaymakers were more friendly and especially liked the general feel of it it was like how holidays used to be.

We picked Icmeler over Dalyan purely due to having heard of it and knew someone who had been so thought it was a safer bet for us Turkey newbies.

Now we've seen a deal for late August/September for The Binlik and having read the reviews really fancy it.

I was wondering what it will be like in late August/early September:

- weather wise , will it be bearable heat ?

- bug wise heard about wasps in Icmeler at that time of year what about Dalyan ?

- will it be busy ?

- Any other useful tips for Dalyan ?

- Any other useful tips for staying at Hotel Binlik ?

- Any night time tips for popular bars & restaurants ?

Appreciate any info.

Cheshire
Level Contributor
1,804 posts
49 reviews
1. Re: Hotel Binlik & Dalyan, the place for us ?

Hi Blythespirit, take a look at the top right hand corner Top questions about Dalyan, it will keep you going for ages, all kinds of useful information in there. Its hard to tell you which bars/restaurants are good/not good as we all have our own personal favourites. thats what makes great reading on this forum. I have never been in August but would assume it is hot hot hot. We go in September which is a lovely time to visit. Don't worry about the heat though because if you stay at the Binlik you will have two great pools to choose from and they are not heated so should prove "very refreshing" in the heat. We have stayed at the Binlik several times but now prefer self catering. The place was great back then but it has been refurbished since and looks even better. Its in a great spot for getting into the main area of town. Take a look at Scousers google map also found at the top of this page, it will show you the various hotels and restaurants and may give you a feel. There is also a virtual video somewhere on this forum which I'm sure someone will be able to locate for you.

As for wasps, the only place I have been bothered by them, and I think they are actually small bees, is along the waters edge on the beach. Because Dalyan is on a river you will probably get mozzies, again there is a thread on this as everyone reacts differently to the little blighters and you will do well to go armed with some repellant, we use the local synkov which does the trick but don't let this put you off Dalyan. Enjoy

West Yorks
Level Contributor
2,457 posts
62 reviews
2. Re: Hotel Binlik & Dalyan, the place for us ?

Hi Blythespirit

Glad to hear you enjoyed Dalyan so much - now you know why it has such a high proportion of returning visitors :-)

I stayed in the Binlik for 2 weeks in 2009. Rooms were fine and had a fridge -though it's only supposed to be for hotel supplied drinks (ie minibar). The pools are really nice but towels do tend to get put on the sunbeds quite early....and seem to stay on for the whole day whether or not somebody is actually using them - infuriating! The circular pool bar is lovely and is a great place for a cocktail/ beer before heading to bed. One evening as we were sat at the bar, an owl flew in and virtually crashed into the barman's face as he stood up after bending down for a glass! I'm not sure who was the most startled! The hotel's location is good and there's a good selection of breakfast foods.

Weather wise; August and early September will probably be very hot - anything from 30 up to 40 degrees! The afternoon breeze is a little relief but personally I find this time of year a bit too uncomfortable and exhausting to do much. It depends really on your own tolerance to heat and what you intend to do while you're there.

Wasps were a bit of a nuisance at the beach last year but if you stay away from litter bins and food you should be fine. They are no more a problem in town than anywhere else and I can only echo what Yorkie50 advises about mozzies and repellents.

As for bars and restaurants everyone has their favourites. You could click on "Restaurants" in the green menu, top left, or look at "Top Questions" top right, or look at last summer's posts to give you an idea of which places are popular - though bear in mind they do tend to change ownership/ staff regularly. Dalyan will be busy in August/ September - but it's never crowded. As there are so many things to do and such a great choice of restaurants and bars I'm sure you won't have any problems. Enjoy your holiday :-)

england
Level Contributor
546 posts
10 reviews
3. Re: Hotel Binlik & Dalyan, the place for us ?

The heat in August is as said hot hot hot. I cope with it well during the day it's at night i suffer most when out in restaurants etc i home in on the nearest fan and stay there if possible (but i am at that age ha ha) i think the fact that i have so much sinkoff on my pores are clogged. Dalyan to me is never to me rocking in August but as a very nice ambience and great mixture of people and it can be as quiet or as noisy as you want it to be. I have to say in 5 years i have never seen any trouble or drunken yobs in Dalyan and always feel safe. Every one has there own favourites in bars and restaurants and i am sure you will soon see for yourself and everyone is so friendly. Hope you have a seriously fab time

Almere, Nederland
Level Contributor
250 posts
45 reviews
4. Re: Hotel Binlik & Dalyan, the place for us ?

Hello Blythespirit,

We stayed in Dalyan last year inJ uly/August but not in BINLIK. We visited this hotel several times because we know the manager, used the pool and had some drinks.

What the towels concern, indeed some people leave their towels on the sunbeds when they are away. (But I don't hesitate to remove those when there is no bed available and I want my daily portion of sunshine!)

We liked the Binlik, when we returned in October with our mothers we stayed for a week in Binlik. Think it is a great hotel, people are friendly, room was spotless, Beds OK and breakfast very good. Every morning fresh pancakes, omelettes etc, prepared while your waiting.

All and all I think Binlik is a good choice

Northumberland
Level Contributor
595 posts
123 reviews
5. Re: Hotel Binlik & Dalyan, the place for us ?

Cheers everybody, seems like we've bagged a great deal.

Its all booked can't wait, as Thomas Cook advised in the email confirmation last night only 207 sleeps to go, 206 now not were counting like lol.

Certainly caught the Turkish bug after last summer, had couple of other destination options but Turkey won hands down.

Almere, Nederland
Level Contributor
250 posts
45 reviews
6. Re: Hotel Binlik & Dalyan, the place for us ?

:)

North East England
Level Contributor
23 posts
25 reviews
7. Re: Hotel Binlik & Dalyan, the place for us ?

Hi Blyth Sprirt66. I stayed at The Hotel Binlik last year (I'm back in 3 months) & it was a fabulous experience. I have a detailed review of the hotel & my Dalyan experience in this thread: tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g311315-i4487-k4… Hope you find it useful

8. Re: Hotel Binlik & Dalyan, the place for us ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 May 2013, 19:23
Get answers to your questions about Dalyan
Recent Conversations