We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

jewellery

Aberystwyth, United...
Level Contributor
128 posts
4 reviews
jewellery

Does anyone know of any good shops in Dalyan that sell jewellery?

We're getting married in 2013 and we're hoping that as something extra special that will bring us back some brilliant memories we can find our wedding bands in Dalyan :)

Is there anything specific we need to look out for?

So sorry for all the questions lately, I'm trying to keep the excitement going for as long as possible so it doesn't drag :)

Cheshire
Level Contributor
154 posts
12 reviews
1. Re: jewellery

There are some good jewellery shops in Dalyan, I find the one opposite the Ptt very good and the owner is very nice, ( just before you get to the Ptt on the left) he told me that next season he is moving to premises up near Bistro Blue Bar, I have also purchased from Paradise and the one next door that does currency exchange and have been very satisfied. In Turkey they don't sell anything less than 14 carat gold and they sell it by weight. In my opinion gold is still cheaper in Turkey than buying in the UK, but the cost has risen over the past couple of years as the price of gold is very high at present.

suffolk
Level Contributor
411 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: jewellery

The proper jewellry shops are great but don't go into the watch shop at the other end of town. I bought a lovely looking watch there on last day of hols (mine had got water in it), #Gave out at the airport so too late to change. There are places selling genuine Pandora bracelets and charms reasonably. Some good places for clothes as well, hint hint.

Hampshire
Level Contributor
112 posts
5 reviews
3. Re: jewellery

I use Aksoy gold, they will even make things to order. I took some old and broken gold in and they remade it to my own design. A replica of a silver bracelet my grandfather gave me.

It now has many memories of both sentimental and of Dalyan.

But if you want better value head into Otoca as the gold shops there cater for the Turkish and wedding gold.

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
1,169 posts
75 reviews
4. Re: jewellery

I would recommend Aksoy too - hubby & I both got wedding rings here, hubbies was a rose & yellow gold one resized & me a white gold one with diamonds designed and made to fit around my heart shaped engagement ring. I'm sure the price was less than £500 for both but they are both 1 offs and priceless to us. They also cleaned all our other jewellery foc & they do this every year now - even when we don't buy.

Cheshire
Level Contributor
154 posts
12 reviews
5. Re: jewellery

Hi loumess,

Did you get your watch from Sevdan, the shop on the corner selling watches and sunglasses? I have always been pleased with purchases made from there, my husband bought a watch from there that was faulty and the next time we were in Dalyan he took it back, they repaired it without any quibbling and it has worked perfectly since, so if you still have it take it back next year.

North Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
814 posts
170 reviews
6. Re: jewellery

Not wanting to put a damper on this but colleague bought an expensive diamond ring in Turkey last year.Had it valued in UK for insurance purposes and report stated setting of very poor quality and diamond also poor.Value was HALF of what was paid in Turkey. If you are spending a lot of money for you then buy in UK at least you have some comeback if it all goes wrong. We buy Victorian jewellery as it is mostly superb quality and much less than modern stuff

Aberystwyth, United...
Level Contributor
128 posts
4 reviews
7. Re: jewellery

We want something that holds special memories for us, so they will be priceless (if we are lucky enough to find something special while there), so we aren't too worried about the value when we get them back over here.

We'll just have a look around and see if something catches our eye :)

Thanks for the tips and advice everyone xx

suffolk
Level Contributor
411 posts
2 reviews
8. Re: jewellery

Yes that was the shop, threw it away when I got home, was Russian and very cheap and knew it wouldn't last long but just wanted something to ensure got onto the plane on time as I panic if late etc. Should have know that Russia is not know for its fine watch movements sic. Just hoped it would last longer than 24 hours.

Yorkshire, United...
Level Contributor
1,286 posts
50 reviews
9. Re: jewellery

I would agree that Aksoy is a superb and reputable jeweller. I have had two items made in the last year (on recommendation from here), and both are unique and of an excellent quality. All purchases come with a guarantee card stating weight and carat of gold, and also include details of any stones in the piece. However, if I wanted an 'off the shelf' item I would probably go to Ortaca (I've trawled a couple of jewellers there) as the prices are a bit more competative.....hope you manage to find something really special in Turkey.

manchester
Level Contributor
134 posts
14 reviews
10. Re: jewellery

I purchased my wifes engagement ring from Turkey (Side).I paid a grand for it and when we returned I valued it for insurance purposes and the valuation was almost double!HAPPY DAYS.

Get answers to your questions about Dalyan
Recent Conversations