We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just Checking all the Dalyanites are still with us!!!!!!!!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
247 posts
59 reviews
Just Checking all the Dalyanites are still with us!!!!!!!!

Hey peeps - don't stop posting because the season has finished - all you lovely people who live there (lucky you) let us know what life is like there in the "off" months. Close to our hearts let us know how the dogs and cats are!!! We can only send money but you who are there can offer love!!

God Bless

Bretta and Rob

19 replies to this topic
manchester
Level Contributor
1,909 posts
109 reviews
1. Re: Just Checking all the Dalyanites are still with us!!!!!!!!

Hi Nuclearbrit sorry to have missed you 😞

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
247 posts
59 reviews
2. Re: Just Checking all the Dalyanites are still with us!!!!!!!!

Hey you,

slap on the wrist - we r out next Sept we have to see each other x

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
2,838 posts
80 reviews
3. Re: Just Checking all the Dalyanites are still with us!!!!!!!!

We arrived back yesterday from another amazing week..

The weather was perfect in fact we were surprised at just how warm it was although once the sun went in it quickly became quite cool but not cold, just a jacket was required..

Most of the tourists had gone home and lots of shops,hotels and restaurants were closed but it was still magical..

Walking along the river was bliss,sitting in the tea garden watching the world go by was so relaxing and the sunsets were amazing..

There wasn't lots of dogs in town but the ones what were looked healthy and food and water were scattered around the town..

Cats and kittens were plentiful and again were being fed and looked after..

We stayed in Dalyan Terrace and had breakfast on the roof terrace every day with views to die for..we loved every minute of it..we ate at Spice Garden on their last night and had drinks in Efes bar also on their last night..glad we managed to see some friends..

A couple of our favourite restaurants stay open..Jiks and Heybe so no problems for us, Temsi and Sini were also open in the evening's and one or two more..

I am so glad we saw Dalyan virtually closed up because we are hoping to move out there next year 😁

Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
4. Re: Just Checking all the Dalyanites are still with us!!!!!!!!

Hi there...we too stayed at Dalyan Terrace25 th October for a week during half term,and yes what lovely views and very central .Weather was great too ...just a little too cold for swimming though.But we still had a wonderful time and it was great to see old friends we have met over the years.Roll on 2019 lol.

Wirral, United...
Level Contributor
86 posts
5. Re: Just Checking all the Dalyanites are still with us!!!!!!!!

Ive been thinking the same NB1,the forum has been quiet lately, im assuming someone out there does not like me, as my tongue in cheek had a post removed, then the thread removed completley, its a quiet time now, posts should be about the good times had and to have going forward, even if there is nothing to report,a bit of banter does not go amiss.... Id of hoped davew w posting just in cases....

Chester, United...
Destination Expert
for Dalyan
Level Contributor
3,353 posts
74 reviews
6. Re: Just Checking all the Dalyanites are still with us!!!!!!!!

I hate this time of year when the forum goes quiet,I look every night just to see if there are any posts.Yes Dave w,culture,Or May I call you cultured Dave.It would be nice to have some banter,as long as we keep the powers that be happy by keeping it travel related.

Let me start it off, what is the most useful thing you have bought on holiday? Mine is a bottle opener bought from 1001 in Dalyan.It is mottled grey and looks like a wrench,you put the head over a bottle top. squeeze and turn,never fails even with the toughest top.They sell them now as nut crackers,it works just as well.I bought one each for my disabled grandchildren and it has been a boon to them..So come on what’s yours?

Edited: 12 November 2018, 09:24
Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
361 posts
34 reviews
7. Re: Just Checking all the Dalyanites are still with us!!!!!!!!

We are lucky enough to live here all year. Love this time, still pleasantly warm during the day allowing for walks taking us further afield, and also cycle rides. There is enough happening around Dalyan to suit every taste from quizzes to yoga and even line dancing if that’s something you would enjoy.

There are enough bars and restaurants open, but most of the ones catering for visitors have closed, although some of these bars open during weekend evenings.

There will be an increase in activity again over Christmas and New Year. If there were more flights during the Winter months I’m sure Dalyan could market itself as a Winter destination.

To all of you that aren’t lucky enough to live here, I wish you a good Winter and hope you all have your holidays here booked for next year.

Edited: 12 November 2018, 17:08
Wirral, United...
Level Contributor
86 posts
8. Re: Just Checking all the Dalyanites are still with us!!!!!!!!

Thanks Turkofile. Each holiday, i go to the hardware shop for 2 large pilsner glasses for the efes, 2 mugs for the morning brew, and a sharp knife as self catering apts are not the best equipped, probably less than £10.

Cultured Dave it is then Turkofile.

Edited: 12 November 2018, 19:17
London, United...
Level Contributor
282 posts
1 review
9. Re: Just Checking all the Dalyanites are still with us!!!!!!!!

Hope everyone has a good Winter. Thank you for all the entertaining and informative posts this year. Looking forward to what the next year brings. Best to all.

Chester, United...
Destination Expert
for Dalyan
Level Contributor
3,353 posts
74 reviews
10. Re: Just Checking all the Dalyanites are still with us!!!!!!!!

Yes,Cultured Dave,I agree about the things lacking in self catering apartments,I always take a sharp knife a none stick fry pan and spatula.I have never done self catering in Dalyan.

If you mean the hardware shop by Natural Paradice that is a lovely shop and never gets a mention.I bought a double Turkish teapot for my grandson from there.Just the job for his black tea.

Edited: 13 November 2018, 04:30
Reply to: Just Checking all the Dalyanites are still with us!!!!!!!!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Dalyan
Recent Conversations