We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

kalkan or dalyan for honey moon?

Lebanon
4 posts
Save Topic
kalkan or dalyan for honey moon?

can any one help me please what to choose and what is the best for activities and things to do

13 replies to this topic
Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
1,167 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: kalkan or dalyan for honey moon?

Can you tell us what sort of activities you like to do?

London, United...
Level Contributor
753 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: kalkan or dalyan for honey moon?

Difficult choice, been to both, but always return to Dalyan as there is something calming about the river, and boating through the reed beds. Seems strange as you won't get a sea view, that we always crave elsewhere.

Mentioned in this post
Dalyan
Dalyan
Mugla Province, Turkey
Chester, United...
Destination Expert
for Dalyan
Level Contributor
3,174 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: kalkan or dalyan for honey moon?

I used to visit Kalkan a lot and loved it,due to the hills we had to stop going.Last September we drove from Dalyan to Kalkan for the day.We were shocked at the changes,the congestion at the top of the hill going down toward the harbour rivalled any traffic jam I have seen.We carried on to the harbour .had a very expensive pide lunch and decided to return straight away to Dalyan.We have very fond memories of Kalkan but don’t want to spoil them by returning.

Dalyan is a working town but is never mad busy.The river,lake and beach can be very romantic.There are lots of good restaurants and bars to enjoy wether you want noisy or intimate.

You could hire a boat for the day at a very good price and cruise the river ,lake and beach,enjoying the food that is prepared for you,

I think you can guess which place I think would be best.

Mentioned in this post
Kalkan
Kalkan
Antalya Province, Turkey
Dalyan
Dalyan
Mugla Province, Turkey
North Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
808 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: kalkan or dalyan for honey moon?

Been to both and would vote for Kalkan for a honeymoon. It’s got a more cosmopolitan atmosphere with upmarket restaurants and hotels etc. Some nice places to visit nearby as well.

Mentioned in this post
Kalkan
Kalkan
Antalya Province, Turkey
Brighton and Hove...
Level Contributor
7,601 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: kalkan or dalyan for honey moon?

I love Dalyan - but I also think I would recommend Kalkan for a honeymoon! More "typically" romantic restaurants, places to stay with a view over the bay, etc. But there again would help if you said what sort of activities you were interested in...!

Mentioned in this post
Dalyan
Dalyan
Mugla Province, Turkey
Kalkan
Kalkan
Antalya Province, Turkey
Preston, United...
Level Contributor
316 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: kalkan or dalyan for honey moon?

When considering where to go Kalkan is far more expensive to eat out than Dalayan I have been to both many times and Dalayan means Idont have to keep an eye on my spending money. Kalkan is at least 2 hour transfer from the airport and Dalayan is 1/2 hour. The beach in Kalkan is stoney and small whereas the beach at Dalayan is sand and a stunning journey by water taxi takes you there

Edited: 13 May 2018, 05:18
Mentioned in this post
Kalkan
Kalkan
Antalya Province, Turkey
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
237 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: kalkan or dalyan for honey moon?

Have been to both, but I would say Dalyan, amazing beach where you can have loads of space and have a romantic walk, loads of lovely romantic restaurants overlooking the river, amazing boat trips or you can have your own private boat very cheap, lovely friendly people, great walks, beautiful river, short transfer , loads of brilliant trips and better value. What's not to love?

Mentioned in this post
Dalyan
Dalyan
Mugla Province, Turkey
Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
9,638 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: kalkan or dalyan for honey moon?

If you have more than a few days I would say absolutely go to both places, stay at least 3 days in each town, that is also enough to see it all and you get the best of both!

Oxford
Level Contributor
86 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: kalkan or dalyan for honey moon?

Not our honeymoon but celebrating a special birthday so we are staying 4 nights in Istanbul, followed by 10 nights in Kaya Koy (my absolute fav place in Turkey) and to finish off a week in Dalyan

I have also been to Kalkan and understand from friends local restaurants have had to lower their prices as torisum was dropping drastically

Try to extend your honeymoon and do two locations, best of both worlds, transportation is easy to do this, enjoy whatever you choice

Mentioned in this post
Kaya Belek
Kaya Belek
3,891 Reviews
Belek, Turkey
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
Dalyan
Dalyan
Mugla Province, Turkey
Kalkan
Kalkan
Antalya Province, Turkey
Lebanon
4 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: kalkan or dalyan for honey moon?

thanks all guys :D:D

Reply to: kalkan or dalyan for honey moon?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Dalyan