We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

thinking of Dalyan for this years holiday - beach info pls

derby
Level Contributor
639 posts
140 reviews
Save Topic
thinking of Dalyan for this years holiday - beach info pls

Hi all Dalyan does seem like a top contender ! been looking at Keskin hotel and I understand they have a boat that goes to the beach twice a week - just wanted to check there are other options pref daily to get to the beach - think I prefer boat idea , are there toilets , food and drink once there many thanks

8 replies to this topic
Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
338 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: thinking of Dalyan for this years holiday - beach info pls

boat taxis throughout the day to one end of beach, dolmuseses throughout the day to the other end, where the turtle hospital is.

both routes offer spectacular views, both ends of beach very clean, with shallow calm water most of the time.

good for non swimmers like me, you can walk out a long way without going too deep.

food, drink, toilets, changing rooms at both ends.

the sand can get scaldingly hot though, so take beach shoes in high season.

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
1,243 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: thinking of Dalyan for this years holiday - beach info pls

As mcksutton says, the beach is really accessible and the journey really beautiful. The energetic amongst us take the opportunity for some exercise and walk from one end of the beach to the other (takes me all day,butit’s Lovely). The public transport runs from around 8 am I think until 6 pm (ish), but a few companies run “noon ti moon” trips (eg Volkan’s Adventures) where you get to dangle your feet in the warm thermal currents at Candir lake , have a barbecue and watch the sun go down over the beach, it's Stunning, never tire of it. Go,enjoy!

derby
Level Contributor
639 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: thinking of Dalyan for this years holiday - beach info pls

sounds fabulous ! thank you both

Hamilton, Scotland
Level Contributor
323 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: thinking of Dalyan for this years holiday - beach info pls

A word of warning, if you come this year you will catch something Dalyanitis- be warned there isn’t a cure for it, have a brilliant holiday x

Brighton and Hove...
Level Contributor
7,742 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: thinking of Dalyan for this years holiday - beach info pls

I don't know where your hotel is situated in Dalyan, but if they offer a twice weekly boat to the beach, it makes me think it might be on the river? In which case if out of town towards the beach, you can stop passing boat taxis as they pass by your hotel, and on the way back they will also drop you off at the hotel pier. Otherwise you need to walk to the centre of town where the boat coop is. It is also nice to take the olmus (minibus) and go over the mountains to the other end of the beach - here you can also visit the turtle hospital.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
673 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: thinking of Dalyan for this years holiday - beach info pls

.... there are also many boat trips on offer from various hotels... we have been a few times on the adilan one which included turtle spotting, a swimming stop on the way, then mooring up on the river side of the beach and having a bbq. the next hour or so was spent either crabbing (also cooked on the bbq) or walking across the beach to the sea... luckily for us both food and drinks were included but even if drinks arent, you can still purchase them on most boats.

Leicester
Level Contributor
74 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: thinking of Dalyan for this years holiday - beach info pls

Keskin is near the river at the top end of the town away from the beach. You can walk into town along the river which is a beautiful partially shaded walk, which I would suggest to get either the dolmus or coop boat taxis to the beach, as others have said. Enjoy Dalyan, it is a treasure that you'll go back to again and again.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
243 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: thinking of Dalyan for this years holiday - beach info pls

You will love it. We always do the boat to the beach and then walk to the other end to catch the dolmas back. That end of the beach is much quieter. Lots of trip boats stop at the beach end so it can be fairly busy. The walk takes about an hour ( depending on fitness if course) it's a lovely walk. Enjoy! You will never go to Dalyan only once!

Reply to: thinking of Dalyan for this years holiday - beach info pls
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Dalyan
Recent Conversations