We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

iPads etc in hand luggage

Ashby Parva...
Level Contributor
188 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
iPads etc in hand luggage

We are flying to Dalyan next month and l wondered if anyone has up to date information on whether l can pack my iPad in my hand luggage as l am not keen to put into hold as l recently had my case broken into. Thanks

11 replies to this topic
newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
32 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: iPads etc in hand luggage

Yes, they have changed it, but I would still check. Jet 2 changed to allowing in hand luggage and I think most others have

Aberdeenshire...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
19,458 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: iPads etc in hand luggage

Yes no problem. Just make sure that all electronic equipment is charged up, as you may be asked to turn it on.

Lincolnshire...
Level Contributor
3,549 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: iPads etc in hand luggage

Do not believe BA allowing this yet.

Aberdeenshire...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
19,458 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: iPads etc in hand luggage

B.A. are not allowing it. However, chances are the O.P is coming with a package or economy flight. Easyjet, TUI, Jet2. T.Cook, Turkish Airlnes. etc., all no problem

Lincolnshire...
Level Contributor
3,549 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: iPads etc in hand luggage

FJ, I mentioned BA as the OP doesnt say who they are flying with and me personnaly I wouldnt be rude enough to assume. BA fly both to Dalaman and to Istanbul.

Edited: 10 May 2018, 20:38
Chester, United...
Destination Expert
for Dalyan
Level Contributor
3,270 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: iPads etc in hand luggage

Ashby8,don’t forget you will have to take it out of your bag to go through security and put in a separate tray.In April it took 40 minutes to get through security are they were checking everything.Next month we are allowing extra time to get through as we like to start our holiday with a nice meal at Giraffe.

Ashby Parva...
Level Contributor
188 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: iPads etc in hand luggage

Thanks for the information. We are with Thomas Cook so should be ok. They don’t mention any restrictions on their paperwork. My husband is blind so l like to load the iPad with books from the rnib for him.

Aberdeenshire...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
19,458 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: iPads etc in hand luggage

T.Cook are fine no bother with your Ipad. Putting electronics in the trays is the usual procedure and they do check a few of them.

If your husband is blind, I suppose you may have told T.C. So you will get through first without any hassle.

Good luck and have a lovely time. 😊

Ashby Parva...
Level Contributor
188 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: iPads etc in hand luggage

Yes l plan to ring TC to check if any help is available. We have never bothered in the past but so help with security and boarding could be a help. Although in our 70s still mobile and have no need of a wheelchair etc.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,596 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: iPads etc in hand luggage

Thomas Cook had their restrictions on electronics lifted last August. We flew back the following day and had no problems with our IPads in our hand luggage.

Enjoy your trip.

Reply to: iPads etc in hand luggage
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Dalyan
Recent Conversations